cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

My Wordpress website is very slow using BT Broadband Wifi

I have a Wordpress Website abstractmarketing.co.uk which is very slow to open when I use Wifi at home on both my PC and my partner's PC. We also tested it in the iPad, iPhone and Android Nokia device. Again it is extremely slow to download with WiFi.

I use my Vodafone 4G connection at home to view my website on all devices. This is super quick.

Currently, it is a terrible experience and one which I would not like my business prospects to experience as they will give up waiting for the page to appear.

I have asked other people (not on BT Broadband) about their experience and they say it is fine. They were in the UK and abroad.

My parents have the same BT Hub as myself and they have the same slow download speed as me for this particular site.

Neither myself nor my parents experience this problem with other websites.

Please, can you advise on if I need to change some settings somewhere with the BT Hub? My web developer does not have this problem so I can only assume it is the BT Hub. 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: My Wordpress website is very slow using BT Broadband Wifi

I have no problem opening it on BT broadband so it does not appear to be a BT specific problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

It may be the hub? Or settings? I don't think it is that simple. 

We have a BT Home Hub. Is there anyone who has experienced the same type of problem?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

There are no settings on a Home Hub that could possibly affect the behaviour of a website, there are precious few settings in the first place. Website opens fine for me using Smart Hub2.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

What is not that simple. You said it was slow using BT broadband, I said it's not.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 19

Thanks for testing. 

It is still a big problem that it's not working. I can only assume with the range of devices and browsers tried in this house, and my parents house that it is the BT Broadband/Hub. All other websites are OK. 

I wonder if any BT users with Wordpress have the same issue? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

My wife has a wordpress website and that too opens instantly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

If it was simple I would not be posting this as an issue.
The fact that you said it works, does not solve the problem for me. That is why it is not simple.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

I never said because it works for me it solves it for you but what it does do is that it rules out it being a generic problem that BT broadband wifi is very slow using your website.

By giving you that information, most people would use it a a piece of diagnostic information to help locate where the problem does lie. 

I will now bow out of your thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 19

Thanks for your comments 🙂
I still don't think I can rule out something to do with Wifi - Broadband as 4G works totally fine on all the devices.
Maybe somebody else has a Wordpress site with the same issue who uses this forum?
0 Ratings