cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

My full fibre thing is in a cupboard

Hi

I am buying a new build property and went to my home demo today. The openreach internet thing is in my utility cupboard where the washing machine will go.

Once I receive my bt hub is that where I plug it in? It doesn’t seem a very good place as its a cupboard and will have the doors shut most of the time. There is a media plate in the living room with connections that would take an internet cable would i be able to plug it in there?

I’ve attached a picture of whats in the cupboard.

9EFAE714-780E-4D25-81C0-B8357F7C1B8C.jpeg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: My full fibre thing is in a cupboard

Yes, that would appear to be how it is connected now. Just connect the ONT to the Ethernet port that is cabled to where you want the hub and plug the hub in the Ethernet socket. The ONT and HUb don't have to be adjacent, they can be uo to 100metres of Ethernet cable apart.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thank you, so I can connect the hub to the media plate in the living room?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Assuming there is an Ethernet cable from the media plate to to where the ONT is located, yes.

Message 5 of 7

Ok thank you. Could this be in the actual wall?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Quite likely, you need to ask the developer what cabling has been provided. It is not unknown for builders to supply faceplates with no cabling at all!!

Message 7 of 7

Ok thank you. If worse comes to worse ive got a couple of powerlines so ill use them
0 Ratings