cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

My ip is hidden - I am blocked from hosting provider

Go to solution

I have been unable to access my own domain or others hosted by the same company (Astutium)

Astutium say something is "is trying to "hide" who you are and where you are." - i.e. my ip. It is not an individual machine because all devices on my LAN are affected but other people are not blocked.

I have restarted my Smart Hub 2. I don't use VPN or a proxy.

Astutium say it may be a BT issue

I should be grateful for any help

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: My ip is hidden - I am blocked from hosting provider

Go to solution

what device are you using possibly an iPhone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

I have three devices on this network: PC, Mac and iPhone. The same problem occurs with each of them.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Check MYBT and see if web protect is active and if so turn off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Does https://www.whatsmyip.org/ agree that your IP is hidden?

Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
Thank you for the suggestion. I have turned off Web Protect but is has not solved the problem
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply Les-Gibson.

No - it does not say that it is hidden. But when I gave the ip address to Astutium they said "That range is not receiving any traffic when traced to, so is either not your IP, or you are using some sort of proxy service
"Try connecting using your real ip address/connection, as the provider of that IP (globalaxs/m247) is regularly banned from accessing our systems due to constant abuse/hack attempt"
I don't know how to connect using my 'real' ip address.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

The address that you saw at the top of the  https://www.whatsmyip.org/  page is your public IP(v4) address.

The toolbars on the left hand side of that page can be used to gain more information but if you look about half way down that page you will see the heading 'Hostname & User Agent, this tells you who owns it, it will probably say "BTcentralplus.com"

Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
The public ip and the ip shown under Hostname & User Agent are the same. It does, indeed, say "BTcentralplus.com"
Under 'More info about you' it shows 'Proxy: No Proxy or Invisible Proxy Used' - I don't know whether that is significant
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

It tells me that it's not BT "trying to "hide" who you are and where you are." something else, maybe on your machine or a problem with the Astutium system must be causing the problem.

Have you tried using one of the blocked machines over another network? perhaps tether it to a mobile phone and see if it works. If it does work over another network then you have proven that the fault is with your BT connection, if it doesn't then the opposite applies.