cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

My router keeps resettimg and too many re directs

hello all 

I am with BT as far as the first bt emails started. 

This week my router  kept dropping connection  too many times  and on each start it  takesme to  my MYBt  and asks me if i want  parental control  etc.. This means my connections are reset each time  Thats fine  . However now a new problem started  and  10 web adresses  I regularly use started giving - too many re directs  error.-

Please read on ... 

-This happens  to only those 10 addresses .. all well know web sites are ok ..

-It happens from all devices connected  through same BT connection ( My desk top my laptops with win 7 and win10  ..)

-It happens when using 3 different browsers ( edge , firefox, chrome ) 

It does  not happen when i connect to internet  via my bt wifi  !!!!!   I use my phone s hotspot facility and try the same web sites  and they all work . ( My phone is not with BT )

Could anyone suggest how could i go about correcting this strange behaviour  which  is happening only in BT connection ..

Thank you for yr patience ..

P.S   I forgot to  mention that all those web addresses giving this error are all various sports sites ..not banned by court order ..  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: My router keeps resettimg and too many re directs

did you get an email recently advising the BT have activated web protect?

just in case go to MYBT and check if web protect activated and if so de-activate it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Thanks but just checked it and that service is NOT on. I read under too many re directs tag sometime additional disks can do it . I have a bt extender attached in the system , I will check that once I am reconnected to BT ( having a terrible time with connections to day. had to restart few times )
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@Rec45 

@Rec45 wrote:

hello all 

I am with BT as far as the first bt emails started. 

This week my router  kept dropping connection  too many times  and on each start it  takes me to  my MYBt  and asks me if i want  parental control  etc..

Turn off smart setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings