cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackiemcg
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

My tablet is connected to my Hub5 but cannot connect to internet with chrome and only some apps

My tablet shows it is connected to my Hub5 but Chrome and some of my apps don't work.  This only happened in the last few days.  I've tried some previously suggested solutions

Switching the tablet and Hub off and on, resetting both and also tried splitting ssids, but the tablet did not pick up the new renamed ssid

Pinterest seems to work and the BBC weather app, but not others

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: My tablet is connected to my Hub5 but cannot connect to internet with chrome and only some apps

when you split the networks did you add say a 5 to 5ghz network

did you 'forget' previous networks on your tablet before trying new SSID?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jackiemcg
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: My tablet is connected to my Hub5 but cannot connect to internet with chrome and only some apps

Yes but still no sign of the renamed one
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

What make of Tablet. It might not have a 5Ghz wireless adaptor so it would only see the 2.4Ghz one.

0 Ratings
jackiemcg
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

That makes sense! It's a Hipstreet Pilot. I there a way I can check if it has a 5Ghz wireless adaptor?
Thanks Rev Jolly
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I have had a search on the Internet for the specs of the Tablet and I can not find anywhere that states it has dual band wireless.

The stats say it has wireless type 802.11b/g/n. If it had a dual band adaptor and could use the 5Ghz frequency it would more than likely have mentioned it was dual band and shown 802.11b/g/n/ac or 802.11ac

0 Ratings
jackiemcg
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for this. I think I'll just give up! My IT skills aren't good enough to find a solution. It's so annoying, because it worked perfectly for over a year.
0 Ratings