cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

My wifi disconnected at random intervals

My wifi disconnected randomly using the router from BT. We've tried another router (from my friend) and never lost the connection. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: My wifi disconnected at random intervals

Good morning @southwindy.

Welcome to the BT Community!

When you've been losing WiFi on your BT Hub, are you noticing a change to the lights on the front of here, and are you still able to connect via ethernet when this happens?

Also is the other router you've used also a BT branded one?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I didn’t notice about the light changing because it will reconnect after a few seconds. It happened so randomly, last night I lost the connection 3 times in a row and sometimes once a week.

The other router is from ASUS.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for confirming that @southwindy.

There's a chance this could be linked with temporary drops in the WiFi connection, but it could be loss of connection to the line itself too; it can be tough to spot this if it's intermittent though.

When you're connected to your BT Hub, have you had a chance to check our fault checker to see if it's highlighting any issues?
If a fault is found linked with your line it will help you arrange an engineer appointment, or otherwise you'll be able to organise a call back from our technical team for further troubleshooting.

Peter

0 Ratings