Tags (6)
0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 192 of 367

Re: PS3 ISSUES

@wally10 wrote:

Nat type 2 which i knows best

Then the Hub is not the issue, the Hub is setting Nat 2 which is not strict....what you have to do is set port forwarding for each game so that the Hub can pass data through those ports to the relevant games servers. In respect of COD black ops the issue is Activision always has been and until they sort it out always will be.

'If' it is the Hub at fault then it would be because its not opening the relevant ports on the Hub to allow two way data transfer, and the way to check this is to set up the port forwarding for each game, assign each new Game Application Sharing to a PC then test the ports at grc.com and the site will confirm if the ports are open, you might be able to run the test without assigning the Game Sharing to a PC, I dont know, you would have to give it a try.

NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 193 of 367

I agree it is well noted in the game media, simple answer stop buying activision products, i did 4 yrs ago.
Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
wally10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 194 of 367

Another problem though is when i go to supported games and applications and try add the ports ive forwarded for black ops and battlefield to my ps3 is dose't let me

i go to configuration choose both games separately of course then go to devices choose my ps3 press add but it just wont work page refreshes but there not added ?

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 195 of 367

@wally10 wrote:

Another problem though is when i go to supported games and applications and try add the ports ive forwarded for black ops and battlefield to my ps3 is dose't let me

i go to configuration choose both games separately of course then go to devices choose my ps3 press add but it just wont work page refreshes but there not added ?

Right, now we have identified what the actual problem is.....that the Hub does not assign the application sharing option to the specified device, that means its a potential Hub issue relating to that, because its not a B'band problem I would suggest trying this link; http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13955

0 Ratings
wally10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 196 of 367

Ive done all that when you press add it just refreshes page but never adds them

is there a limit to how many applications you can add ive 3 things there already ?

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 197 of 367

@wally10 wrote:

Ive done all that when you press add it just refreshes page but never adds them

is there a limit to how many applications you can add ive 3 things there already ?

I have just tried this with 4 random game connections and the simple answer is yes....However if you have 2 games that use at least 1 port the same then you will get a port confilct error when you try and add the second.

2 suggestions:

1. Ask on the PS3 forum if its possible to create a single port configuration file for all the games that you play.

2. Create separate config files for each of your games then apply the appropriate configuration under application sharing when you want to play that specific game.

PIA yes it probably is but its a workable solution. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
scottwales
Message 198 of 367

Yeah i have the exact same problem, i have the ports i've filled them in correctly named the application appropriately but when i chose to assign it to my playstion, i click add, the page restors but the application i just made is not listed. Kinda researching a way around this, at first i thought it might just be a java script error because i was on my ps3 browser so i tried on my laptop, exact same thing happened. Can't be bothered phoning bt i know they wont resolve it.

0 Ratings
scottwales
Message 199 of 367

Basically mate, until BT has sorted this adding of user created applications you cant open your ports but if your worried about your strict NAT on perhaps black ops, forget it my ps3 is in DMZ my ps3 says nat type 2 and all my other games say i have an open NAT i'm afraid to say treyarc has once again made a crappy game! Hopefully they will release a patch soon enough, dont bank on it though...

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 200 of 367

Usual subjects cause the problems, dont play either EA or Activision online they have for me, regardless of ISP provider been useless, I quote a employer of one of the servers, although some years ago our servers on the 360 and ps3  are  **bleep** (Poo).   The games i play online, rarley do i get booted, and only when a new release of the mentioned do i get problems for a day or too.

I suppose if you all play the same games then problems will occur its common sense and very boring to here the same problems from the same games with no  answer, read any serious gaming press particular Activision are very well noted not being able to cope with demand this has been the same for years now.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings