Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geaves
Expert
Message 201 of 367

Re: PS3 ISSUES

@scottwales wrote:

Basically mate, until BT has sorted this adding of user created applications you cant open your ports but if your worried about your strict NAT on perhaps black ops, forget it my ps3 is in DMZ my ps3 says nat type 2 and all my other games say i have an open NAT i'm afraid to say treyarc has once again made a crappy game! Hopefully they will release a patch soon enough, dont bank on it though...

You dont need to put the ps3 in the dmz, if you check your internet connection via ps3 it will show nat type 2. The issue is black ops, but re assigning app sharing http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Application-Sharing/td-p/88079/page/2 just might help.

0 Ratings
willfal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 202 of 367

Which is it, Hub or BT... Nat type Strict online game.

i am trying to play call off duty black ops online but i have a nat type off strict when i go into the online area off the game.

The PS3 internet connection settings / test area says i have a nat type 2 which should be open.

I took the PS3 to a friends yesterday and connected it to their broadband using the ps3's quick and easy automatic setup. Once connected i went into the online area off the game and i had a nat type off open.

So it is either the home hub or BT that this problem lies with as it works perfectly on the orange connection.

I have tried giving the ps3 a static ip with all the correct port forwarding. I have also tried to put it into the dmz but nothing works..

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 203 of 367

Re: Which is it, Hub or BT... Nat type Strict online game.

@willfal wrote:

i am trying to play call off duty black ops online but i have a nat type off strict when i go into the online area off the game.

The PS3 internet connection settings / test area says i have a nat type 2 which should be open.

Which it is.

I took the PS3 to a friends yesterday and connected it to their broadband using the ps3's quick and easy automatic setup. Once connected i went into the online area off the game and i had a nat type off open.

Just proves that his port forwarding is set up for the game, + you get 'open' when connected to the server.

So it is either the home hub or BT that this problem lies with as it works perfectly on the orange connection.

Again neither.

I have tried giving the ps3 a static ip with all the correct port forwarding. I have also tried to put it into the dmz but nothing works..

Theres a lot of information out on the net regarding this game and the ps3, and its not just BT users I have found Virgin users having the same problem. I did find a forum with list of ports which were different to those recommended and it was working on a HH.

We have this game on the xbox and it works fine, no port forwarding and no app sharing set up, the problem appears to be more associated with the ps3.

0 Ratings
willfal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 204 of 367

it has to be the hub or BT as his router has never been tampered with. He doesnt have a games console, his internet is for web surfing purposes only and he wouldn't have a clue on how to get into the router settings never mind set up ports.

When i tested the connection on the ps3 using his service the upnp part said not available, if i turn off upnp on the hub or the ps3 i instantly get nat type 3.

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 205 of 367

@willfal wrote:

it has to be the hub or BT as his router has never been tampered with. He doesnt have a games console, his internet is for web surfing purposes only and he wouldn't have a clue on how to get into the router settings never mind set up ports.

It is not the Hub or BT, so have you tried the 'automatic setup' that you used to connect using his router.

We have this game on the xbox and it works fine, no port forwarding and no app sharing set up, the problem appears to be more associated with the ps3.

When i tested the connection on the ps3 using his service the upnp part said not available, if i turn off upnp on the hub or the ps3 i instantly get nat type 3.

Right so that eliminates UPnP......try a google for: black ops nat strict ps3 when connecting to servers

0 Ratings
Kaysio1
Aspiring Expert
Message 206 of 367

From my experience with the homebub on the xbox with call of duty, I would get a strict nat.

But if I used my Netgear router I would get an open nat.

I have endless problems with the homehub and the xbox, but with nearly any other router Ive tried with the xbox its been hassle free.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kerrsteve11
Message 207 of 367

Re: PS3 ISSUES

I HAVE PS3 NAT TYPE 2     BUT COD BLACKOPS  IS SAYING NAT TYPE STRICT CAN I DO ANYTHING IM NOT VERY PC MINDED THOUGH???

0 Ratings
kris1471
Contributor
Message 208 of 367

PLEASE HELP WITH MY XBOX 360

Man this is doing my nut in. Up til 3am last night, not another 3 hours this morning, can't get anywhere.

I have the homehub 2.0b and can't set up xbox live. I have tried everything I know.

I have the hub connected to the PC via ethernet and that's it.

I have the new 360s with built in wifi, so it should just be ready to go out of the box.

I scan for networks, enter the wpa2 key, then test the connection.

Network is fine, Internet is SOMETIMES fine but mostly now, xbox live NEVER connects. So when I can get past the internet step, it then checks the live and there is multiple errors.

I had one saying the dns servers weren't responding or something. Something about IMCP, Had a MTU error (but I think that was because i was downloading at the same time) and once when it almosty connected it just came back and said my NAT was moderate....

Now I have RESET the hub back to defaults, gone into setting and made sure the 360 uses the same ip. Tried it with application sharing live and without. 

Is there anything I am missing?

The hub isn't far away from the 360 and I always get 4 bars, so thats not the problem. 

I think the only thing I haven';t done is try to enter the setting manually (because I don't know how) lol...

0 Ratings
kris1471
Contributor
Message 209 of 367

Re: PLEASE HELP WITH MY XBOX 360

DO i need any other equipment, because I have read about people using bridges etc? What are those? Will I need to buy a new router? Like a netgear? Don't see how this is fair on me but if it's the only way then I will...

EDIT - I am also using windows 7.

0 Ratings
Paigntonian
Aspiring Expert
Message 210 of 367

Re: PLEASE HELP WITH MY XBOX 360

mate, sounds frustrating!

My xbox is connected via wire to my hub.

I plugged it in, and thatn was it, nothing to do, it was up and ready to go.

I might have miss read, but have you treid connecting the xbox to the hub with a wire?

Mayb you should start over.

Reset your hub via to reset pin on the side, reset the xbox and make sure the ip settings are set to automatic, connect a wire between both, and test the connection.

If that works, then the problem is the wireless.

Atleast then you will know where the problem lies.

But no, you dont need anything other than a hub, an xbox, and a usb!

Good luck mate.

------Marc------
0 Ratings