cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djisgod
Message 361 of 367

Re: Help Call of Duty , Black Ops NAT Stuck on Strick. PS3

yay thanks this fixed it for me! once i switched off the firewall and  back on then powered the xbox im now open!

after many hours of trying you fixed it! i infact wuv you lmao 

0 Ratings
paul79
Beginner
Message 362 of 367

Why is Black Ops 2 Always NAT = STRICT? (FIREWALL IS DISABLED!!!!!)

Using Playstation 3, Black Ops 2 is Always NAT type STRICT, and i have done everything the sticky post in the other forum says, i have forwarded all the ports.. still strict. I tried putting PS3 in DMZ.. still strict.  I enable UPNP, still strict. 

Even though the PS3 says nat type 2 (open)   In the Black ops 2 game it still says STRICT.

I EVEN TURNED THE FIREWALL OFF TOTALLY. Still the game says strict.

Of course trying to get any help from Activision is a waste of time as they just go on about port forwarding etc..  ARGH!!!

I am using BT home hub 2.0  Using wired connection. All other games seem to work fine it is only COD having problems.

How can it be NAT strict with the firewall disabled??!????  Do i need to change router or isp to fix this??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 363 of 367

Re: Why is Black Ops 2 Always NAT = STRICT? (FIREWALL IS DISABLED!!!!!)

You could try a different router, they are very cheap these days.

0 Ratings
paul79
Beginner
Message 364 of 367

Would the newer BT home hub 3 be any better do you think?  And my contract period is up so if i renew would they send me one free??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 365 of 367

I am not sure about the HH3, but you can usually get one for free when you renew.

I assume that you have tried using a static IP address on the PS3, and port forwarding to the IP address and not the device name?

Using static IP addresses on your home network

There is a worked example for port forwarding on the HH2 below.

Port forwarding problems

0 Ratings
shaynes
Message 366 of 367

Re: Need help with NAT type Xbox 360

Im having the same problem, my NAT type is always set to Moderate and its really effecting my connection to lobbys on my xbox 360.

The first sloution posted above i think is for an older model of hub (I have a home hub 3.0), and the second solution above i did but there was no change and when i went into modern warfare 3 it still displayed the NAT type as moderate.

Is there anything else i can try to make sure the NAT type is set to OPEN?

0 Ratings
dominic247
Message 367 of 367

Nat type constantly changes and router disconnects

My problem is thaT when i play my Xbox the router will disconnect me from the Internet once then change my Nat type to strict. Can someone please help I use a bt homehub 2 and its on wireless channel 6 

0 Ratings