cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

NNOWTV have taken my landline number it says not in use I have had this number for 18 years how do I

I just moved from talktalk to nowtv and they have lost my landline number of 18 years 

NowTv did not let me know they were changing it and now say I cannot get it back

The landline says number does not exist how can I get it back from openreach?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: NNOWTV have taken my landline number it says not in use I have had this number for 18 years how

@Gabriellewrote:

I just moved from talktalk to nowtv and they have lost my landline number of 18 years 

NowTv did not let me know they were changing it and now say I cannot get it back

The landline says number does not exist how can I get it back from openreach?

Hi @Gabrielle. Unfortunately this is BT Retail and not Openreach. Your best route is to persevere with Now Tv and TalkTalk as they are your representatives talking to Openreach for you.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Re: NNOWTV have taken my landline number it says not in use I have had this number for 18 years how

As @VeteranISPUser has said, you need to take this up with TalkTalk, and ask them to port your number over, assuming that the number originally belonged to TT, and you had not ported it to TT, from another provider in the past. If you had ported it to TT, then your number would have reverted to the original owner.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Both talk talk and NOWTV say BT has the number and it is not in use

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

As the OP says it's a phone number they have had for 18 years, it predates any TT 'network' so it's most likely a 'BT' number that was ported at some time to TT , but as already said , it's nothing to do with BT Consumer, who have no reason to involve themselves with these other company's mistakes, it's up to Now TV and TT to get the number back ( if it's possible and if they can bothered to do it), if they say it cannot be done then that's the end of it, if they say speak to BT, that's trying to divert attention from their own error.

If the OP wants the number back at any cost, then the could cancel with Now TV, and order with BT, accepting a temporary number , then after a while the number should be available for allocation, then the temporary number can be 'renumbered' to the number required....this is the only circumstances BT would do anything for the OP ( as the OP would be a BT customer) but for as long as they are not a BT  customer, BT have no relationship with the OP and no need to do anything for them.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

As @iniltous has said, the number probably belonged to BT, and would exist on the local exchange, so you cannot port it out twice, number porting was not intended for that purpose.

If you must have the number back, and TT or Now TV cannot help, then your only option would be to get your phone line from BT Retail, and hope the number is still available.

There is nothing anyone here can do about it.

0 Ratings