cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Nest Doorbell and Nest Outdoor Cameras

I have just added a Nest doorbell and Nest external camera to my home set up. The doorbell is closest to the router and connection is perfect, however the outdoor camera is the furthest from the router and is positioned on top of my conservatory and connection is poor. I assumed that it could be considered within the footprint of the house and wi-fi range as connection inside the conservatory is usually good.

What advice would the BT Community offer me to give me seamless connectivity for my outdoor camera?

Thank-you in advance

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Nest Doorbell and Nest Outdoor Cameras

are you a BT broadband customer?  which Hub are you using?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 9

My first choice would be to seek out a high gain aerial (>= 5dBi gain) for the camera, the standard ones are usually pretty poor

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Yes, a BT customer and we have a BT Smart Hub 2

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thank-you for your reply, but the Nest Outdoor cameras are an integrated unit with no options for adding an areal.

Thank-you

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9

In that case I would extend the 2.4 GHz wi-fi out to the conservatory using one of these

https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/broadband-and-wi-fi-devices/wi-fi-and-home-networking/wi-fi-home...

I see you have the Smart Hub 2 so you could use a black Complete Wi-Fi disc but that wouldn't be my first choice as the SSID of the disc is the same SSID of the hub which can cause drop-outs (believe me, it led me a merry dance before I realized what was happening with one of my devices).

Message 7 of 9

Thank-you
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Unfortunately the product you posted a link for is no longer available, so I'm looking for another wi-fi or Wall socket options.

Any further suggestions would be great. Thx

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

0 Ratings