cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abdur_Rahim
Message 1 of 10

Nest Protect problems!

Hi there!

I've just upgraded to a BT Smart Hub/6 and my Nest Protect Smoke detectors no longer connect. I've contacted Nest and they jumped through so many hops to resolve the problem but to no avail. The Detectors did work on the BT Home Hub 5. I even reverteed back to it. Still doesn't connect. The Wi-fi keeps on disconnecting while trying to set up the Dector. I also have a Nest Thermostat and an Outdoor Cam that work.

According to Nest the Hub is not allowing connections. Everything else works flawlessly i.e mobilephones, TV and Laptops.

Any idea how resolve this problem?

Regards.

Rahim.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Nest Protect problems!

If you still have the Hub 5 I would revert to using that. The hub6 isn't an upgrade.

0 Ratings
mikes21
Message 3 of 10

I have just upgraded from a Hub4 tp a hub6, my nest Thermostat and camera will not connect as the password is not recognised' All my other devices haver connected OK.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
nobby1963
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

I do installs for Nest, try changing the channel on the router.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Make sure that you use the wireless password/passkey on the hub label and not the Admin password.

If that is not the problem  make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

0 Ratings
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Do SmartHubs use the same wireless network name for 2.4 GHz and 5GHz? If so, I'd assign different names to the two bands (also good for a wide range of other devices that get confused by this approach).

https://nest.com/uk/support/article/Learn-more-about-2-4GHz-and-5GHz-Wi-Fi-networks#routers

0 Ratings
Sonia59
Message 7 of 10

I have same issue with my heating! HELP!
0 Ratings
Sonia59
Message 8 of 10

I have exact same problem keeps disconnecting and now unable to reconnect. Please help! You mentioned switching channels on router how do I do that and will that affect all my devices I have a smart tv.
0 Ratings
Sonia59
Message 9 of 10

Can I turn smart set up off on another device and then connect my nest. Do I need to turn it back on. Not sure what I’m doing? Thank you. I have problem with Best thermostat disconnecting and it won’t connect. BT Smarthub’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

To turn off Smart Set Up you follow the instructions in the link that was previously posted. You can turn it off using any device that has a web browser. Once turned off do not turn it back on.

0 Ratings