Afraid I never got to the bottom of this issue and 9 times out of ten am just allocated an ipv4 address, with the ipv6 allocation/support only working on the minority of cases.
I've personally just disabled ipv6 on the nest WiFi solution and am considering changing ISP after I'm out of contract next year, so will see how it fares with a different provider. I'll be sure to update this thread if I find an improvement elsewhere, but in the meantime ipv4 will have to suffice for me as the overall performance of the WiFi with nest is much better than BT router provides and far outweighs the lack of ipv6 for me personally.
Nope, it is still unreliable when in comes to IPv6. Occasionally is on and working and most the time on but not working.
It might be a coincidence but I manually set the DNS on Nest WiFi to Google's ipv4 and ipv6 DNS servers in advanced networking. I now have ipv6, which I had never had before.
I know nest WiFi is meant to do this automatically but it didn't seem to be working for me which is why I manually set it.
Might be worth a try.
I am trying to do the same, could you please provide me the values for these servers - primary server, secondary server, IPV6 primary server and IPV6 secondary server.
On many forums - values are like this, really not sure what values go in these four fields, please explain
primary - 2001:4860:4860::8888 and secondary - 2001:4860:4860::8844
IPv4 Primary 18.104.22.168
IPv4 Secondary 22.214.171.124
IPv6 Primary 2001:4860:4860::8888
IPv6 Secondary 2001:4860:4860::8844
Might be worth checking your networks, I previously said I had IP6v6 but then I lost it and it didn't come back.
Nest WiFi updated last week and iIPv6 is back and stays even after I network restart and having my DNS set to automatic.
As a side not some network issues I was having seem to be resolved too!
Hopefully I will keep IPv6 this time.
Interesting. My Nest WiFi hasn't updated yet but will try flipping IPv6 back on when it does. I had disabled it as it seems when it isn't working it tests every 12 hours and drops the connection. Was doing it like clockwork for months before I found out IPv6 being enabled was the issue.
I also had ipv6 disabled for the same reason as @Dooley_do so I've just enabled as a test and picked up an ipv6 allocation straight away.
I'm running version 13729.57.15 on the nest router (not sure if that's the latest) and DNS set to automatic. I'll leave it running enabled for a wee while and let you know how it gets on