Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 57

Re: Nest WiFi and IPv6

@GamingPreferred  I thought that would probably be the case, but wasn't totally sure if automatic defaulted to ISP or Google servers.

0 Ratings
Dooley_do
Contributor
Message 52 of 57

My nest updated last night. If I try to enable IPv6 it tries for a moment then the slider just goes back to off...I'm using a Vigor 130 modem.

0 Ratings
Coco85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 57

I observed the same behaviour with the slider, but if you close the home app and re-open it the slider should be in the enabled position. Was almost like a cosmetic display/refresh issue with the app
0 Ratings
Dooley_do
Contributor
Message 54 of 57

Ah! Just checked and it is on and I do have IPv6 connectivity. Let's see if it sticks this time... thanks
0 Ratings
Sicario
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 57

New firmware stabilised my IPv6, and I no longer had a once-per-day drop out that I usually get. 

Unfortunately my network died last night, and I can’t revive it. Everything’s fine at the ONT, but the router just can’t dial out. Factory reset, and can’t get past the PPoE credentials, just pops up saying it doesn’t support VLAN tagging. 

Final straw for me, I’m putting my router and points on eBay and buying a system that’s at least semi competent. 

0 Ratings
Andyg68uk
Beginner
Message 56 of 57

I wanted to chip in and share my experience with my 3 nest WiFi routers and by fttp. 

I've had one of the nest routers connected directly to the ont for 18 months (the other 2 are connected via mesh). Apart from the odd instance of randomly getting ipv6 up until the PPPOE connection has worked however every few days I'd notice the whole nest network would reboot and it would establish a new PPPOE connection. (It didn't do this if I left the ipv6 toggle off). I got the new firmware update to the nest routers recently and since then not only have I got ipv6 working, the network is rock solid and not reconnecting periodically.

So chuffed to bits now but it has taken Google some time to solve this ipv6 issue.

0 Ratings
GamingPreferred
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 57

@Andyg68uk when nest/Google WiFi has ipv6 on but hasn't managed to establish a ipv6 connection it will check every 12 hours. When it does this it reboots the connection, which is why you were getting the drop outs.

That's why I always had it turned off before the latest update.

My WiFi crashed last week and I lost ipv6 for a few days but it came back.

0 Ratings