cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dooley_do
Contributor
Message 11 of 54

Re: Nest WiFi and IPv6

Interesting. Will reboot it all and see what happens! I'm using a Vigor 130 in bridge mode...

0 Ratings
Coco85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 54

Hopefully you'll have some success as well and it might indicate a solution has been found somewhere. Let us know how you get on.
0 Ratings
Dooley_do
Contributor
Message 13 of 54

Restarted router and modem. Still says ISP doesn't support it. Will keep an eye on it...
0 Ratings
Coco85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 54

So I restarted my network tonight and as  suspected, I lost my ipv6 assignment.  Back to the "ipv6 is on for Google WiFi, but not supported by your ISP". 

Leaves more questions than it does answers, but at least proves it should and can work. Problem is identifying why it doesn't work and the frustration that arises from us, the customer of both parties, having to do all the leg work in trying to find a resolution.

0 Ratings
Sicario
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 54

I’m in exactly the same boat. Very interesting that you got it working temporarily though - do you think it could have been their support team changing something behind the scenes?

I actually can’t even toggle it in the app, but very keen to get it working. Which ONT do you have? 

I have the one port, wish there was a way to access the config page for it to check some settings. 

0 Ratings
Sicario
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 54

Managed to toggle it by loading an Android emulator on my laptop. No issues with the toggle on Android it seems, so if you’re an iOS user that’s struggling try that.

Still not pulling IPv6, but it’s progress.
0 Ratings
Coco85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 54

Hi Sicario,

I have the one port modem like yourself.

I've just taken another look at my Nest Wifi setting this afternoon and can see that my WAN address has changed and IPv6 is enabled/assigned again.  I can only assume the WAN connection was re-established in the past 48 hours and its picked up a /56 prefix again.

Not sure what has changed or if there are any common factors that result in a prefix being assigned or not.  Perhaps you are correct and something has been changed on the ISP network (or at Google) and it is intermittently working now.  Fingers crossed its a sign that it's being investigated somewhere and a final resolution will be found.

0 Ratings
Sicario
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 54

Can you generate a diagnostic report so I can compare, and give it to their tier 3 support to help diagnose? 

its 192.168.yoursubnet.1/api/v1/diagnostic-report

It will have your IPs in there so maybe scrub it, or just ctrl f for IPv6 and copy over the non sensitive info.

Do you plug directly into the ONT WAN port? I’ve ordered a managed switch just to appease the support guy, but still not convinced it’s needed. 

0 Ratings
Dooley_do
Contributor
Message 19 of 54

Interesting!  Mine shows this:

}
ipv6_state {
non_temporary_address_received: false
prefix_delegation_received: false
allow_on_ap: false
ap_status: AP_IPV6_STATUS_TEST_FAILED_NO_IAPD
}
ipv6_config {
enabled: true
prefix: ""
prefix_length: 0
source: "user"
mode: "prod"
}

0 Ratings
Dooley_do
Contributor
Message 20 of 54

I am 100% convinced the switch isn't needed. With FTTC there is no VLAN tagging needed between the router and modem. Traffic is tagged on the wan side.
0 Ratings