Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Netflix Connection Error, Please Help

Go to solution

@davo-cc

The solution is much simpler than that, and has been asked many times in the past. You can still use the home hubs gateway address as a default.

Here are my recommended settings.

Set the IP address to 192.168.1.50     (or any from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.63)

Subnet mask to 255.255.255.0

Default gateway 192.168.1.254

DNS 192.168.1.254

That avoids the need to query the home hub DHCP server.

davo-cc
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Does that work for everyone?   She pointed me to a range of people who still seemed to be having problems (not sure of their gear).  

0 Ratings
infotek
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Many thanks to Keith Beddoe for this information which worked for me. I can now use Netflix on my Panasonic 65DX750 smart TV without any issues at all. A pity that BT could not supply this simple information in the first place!

In addition, I also made the IP address static (as suggested elsewhere) on the BT Hub 6 by changing the Always use this IP address to YES in the Networking section of the hub's admin section.

Well done Keith, problem solved!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Being pedantic, that method is still using the hub's DHCP mechanism just that it gives the same address every time and should be called address reservation. A true static address can only be set on the device itself.

0 Ratings
Tchock
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution
Will it be a DNS problem that’s affecting my Netflix app on my Sky Q box (using BT home hub type A)?

And if so how do I work around it? I’ve changed the settings mentioned above but it’s not worked.

Basically my Netflix cuts to “we’re having a problem playing this title at moment. Please try again later or select different title”

It only happens on Sky Q app. 😕

Trawling the Internet draws a blank...
0 Ratings