cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rendez2k
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Netflix and Unblock Us?

Hi all, does anyone know if BT limits Netflix Super HD? I've got an ATV3 and its hard to tell if its showing full HD. Kind of looks OK but not sure in some cases!

Also, does anyone use Unblock US? The output I'm getting from Netflix US definetley isn't HD! Are there any issues with BT connecting to US servers for example?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
duncan10
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Netflix and Unblock Us?

I am sure this was brought up elsewhere. What I will say is there is a big issue at this minute going on between copright owners and ISPs on combatting illegal downloads via P2P . It a major issue. I removed unblock us as it was mainly being used as a means to tract you . I just installed it to see what it did as I dont brake the law in that respect and once they know who does it your on their records for life. Even if you are doing it 100% legal I wouldnt be surprised if things dont go as planned.

0 Ratings
rendez2k
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Unblock us just allows you change your DNS for legal services. Is that Illegal?

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 4 of 4

I did not say you were doing anything illegal read my last line. Only that if you are not worried being tracked thats okay. As I said this is a BIG issue on the web. Large US companies are kicking up about illegal torrent/P2P downloads and now they have taken action. Many sites are now blocked and some people are in trouble. I am not sure of the laws relating to this in the UK but I do know the US law is very strict could be and has been jailing offence. As the UK copies the US I would not be surprised if action isnt taken here.

0 Ratings