I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. Have searched about online and it seems the problem is something to do with BT parental controls and BT protect
but after disabling them both I'm still unable to get netflix working.
Called BT. Explained what I'd found. The guy on the phone wanted to pass me straight on to netflix but I got him to do some digging. He find a dodgy website that suggested using different DNS numbers but that didn't work.
It seems weird to me that other people have had luck calling BT but someone on the phone can't find out what worked for other customers.
If I figure out how to fix it I'll post on here
There are a few threads regarding this already. I suggest closing/merging this one.
There is no solution currently but out of interest please post what router and version you have.
Now LG, who have been helpful albeit without a fix, are becoming about as frustrating as BT. I find it incredible that BT cannot or will not get back with a fix. I had that some years ago when a software update knocked out my toshiba laptop, and after a complete rebuild (at my cost) BT later admitted their update had "effected certain toshiba laptops".
This is exaclty the same and I will be moving from their service ASAP