Re: Netflix connection error

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 142 of 151

Go to solution

Totally agree with that, unfortunately they seem to be totally incompetent at disseminating the information to the 'helpdesk'.

HowAboutThat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 143 of 151

Go to solution

And I agree with you putting "helpdesk" in quotes. I'm sure my grandma has more technical knowledge than some of the people I spoke to there. According to them, if it is not in the script, then it isn't possible.

0 Ratings
Brendan2
Beginner
Message 144 of 151

Go to solution

I got a response from LG below.  I then wasted 30 minutes trying to get BT support.  Worst **bleep** ever.  The lady just spammed me with other BT products and asked me every 5 minutes if I had restarted my router yet.  When I responded yes she just said OK, then came back 5 minutes later with the same question.  Eventually she hung up on me when I asked to speak to someone else!

From LG:

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for your email regarding your 47LA860W TV, I&#39m sorry to hear you are facing this error with Netflix however I do hope you are having a lovely day so far.

I have had a look into this for you Brendan and essentially this is an issue that we&#39re currently investigating and trying to resolve but at the moment we don&#39t have a definitive fix for those affected currently.

This is an issue this is affecting quite a few models of TVs across different manufacturers however one regular occurrence with all cases seem to be those who are connecting to the Netflix app using a BT HomeHub 3 on BT&#39s Infinity network so I would assume you are also a BT Infinity customer Brendan?

I&#39ve come across this article which goes quite indepth about the current issue and I think you will be interested in it Brendan, it&#39s a good read regarding the error people are currently getting.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/02/bt-broadband-users-suffer-problems-with-netflix-on-lg-s...

Please be rest assured however Brendan that we are currently working with Netflix and BT to get this error resolved as soon as possible and we hope to have a fix soon.

If you have any additional questions then please reply to this email and I will be more than happy to assist you further. You can reply to this email by clicking the additional questions link below.

I hope my email has answered your query and assisted you today; I would really appreciate your feedback. Please help us to improve our customer service by selecting a satisfaction level after this email.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Kieran
LG Electronics UK Help desk

0 Ratings
NJP100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 145 of 151

Go to solution

I have just been sent a new HH3(!). This was sent without any technical helpdesk calls, and so BT are at least reading these posts, and responding.

I will install tomorrow, and then I will let the Forum know how I have got on...

0 Ratings
HowAboutThat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 146 of 151

Go to solution

@NJP100 wrote:

I have just been sent a new HH3(!). This was sent without any technical helpdesk calls, and so BT are at least reading these posts, and responding.

I will install tomorrow, and then I will let the Forum know how I have got on...

Please let us know how you get on. Any apology or compensation for loss of service?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 147 of 151

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much for your continued patience with us in dealing with this issue.

I am in the process of contacting everyone who has posted here and is experiencing this unfortunate issue.  I have already spoken with a number of you guys.  At this point I am going to lock this thread.  For anyone who has posted here on the thread and has not heard from me please check your private message as you will find a message from me. 

For any customers who have just found this thread, please contact our technical helpdesk on 0800 111 4567.  Our technical team will be able to help offer a solution.”

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
stabmasterarson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 148 of 151

Re: Netflix connection issues, definitely a BT issue.

Go to solution

Not sure if this is the same problem i was having with Netflix on my Roku 3, but i managed to solve a problem i was having with logging in to Netflix, even though i could use the account on my computer just fine, it turned out to be the BT parental controls, they were causing a problem with the DNS settings in the app, and when i switched the parental controls off (and i think waiting 30 minutes) i was able to log in and never had any problems since.

0 Ratings
tpath
Beginner
Message 149 of 151

Go to solution

I am also having this issue since Early Feb.  I did as the linked thread said and called Technical Support, after 30 minutes trying to explain this issue, I was informed that Netflix would only work if I had BT TV.  Smiley Indifferent

I dont have BT Protect / Parental Control on - However, I still get the BT DNS blurb in browser when I try to use a non BT DNS - the Blurb says that to resolve this, turn Protect and Parental Controls off .... so ...  Smiley Indifferent

@RobbieMac can you help out here? 

Cheers,

0 Ratings
mr_zerostate
Contributor
Message 150 of 151

Go to solution

I'm also having these exact same problems on my Samsung 4K TV, just can't log into Netflix. I've uninstalled the App and tried again, restarted the router and don't have any of these parental controls.

Wouldn't surprise me if BT are purposely doing this to force customers through BT TV to watch Netflix.

0 Ratings