Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Netflixuser
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 151

Netflix connection error

Go to solution

HI,

I have been using Infinity for over a year with no issues but all of a sudden I cant use Netflix. On the TV it shows an error of ui-113. 

So far I have tried powering off everything including the hub

Changed wireless channels

logged out of Nerflix and back in

Occasionally it will connect after logging out but when I exit Netflix it won't connect again

All other apps work fine such as Amazon Prime

The broadband speed has dropped, but is still around 40Mb

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
150 REPLIES 150
Gareth9878
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 151

Netflix on PS4

Go to solution
Hi.. Anybody else having issues with Netflix on PS4? I've tried port forwarding but still not working.. I can get on now and again but when I close app I can't get back on.. Any help please
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 151

Re: Netflix connection error

Go to solution

Hi @Netflixuser and welcome.

Sorry you're having problems withn your Netflix service. Is this part of your BT package i.e. does it appear on your BT bill or do you pay for it seperately? Are you having any broadband connection issues? If you can give us as much detail as possible I'm sure we can help with this.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Netflixuser
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 151

Go to solution

Hi,

No its not part of my BT package I pay seperatly.

I have done several speed checks on my infinity broadband and it seems to be around 40Mb but it has been as high as 70Mb in the past. I seem to be getting a lot more buffering when streaming films both direct to the TV and laptop.

I have followed all the suggestions on the Netflix site which includes re-starting the hub, logging in and out of Netflix, powering down the TV etc and nothing seems to make any difference. I have tried switching channels on the hub as I did have some interference from a neighbour at one point but this has made no difference.

I have cancelled my Netflix account but still have access to the end of the month, this is on the basis that it was pointless paying for something I couldn't use. I didn't know it was an option to get it through the BT account, is this likely to make a difference?

Regards

0 Ratings
redbean
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 151

Go to solution

I too have had Netflix stop working on 2 Samsung Smart TVs and a Humax box.

We have been watching Netflix for a few years on the 32" UE32F6400AKX and last autumn bought a 22" UE32F6400AKX which also worked without a problem.

For no reason and nothing changed, their Apps wouldn't launch and came up with Netflix ui-113 error code

We could still watch on our Samsung smart phone and iPad. Using the home WiFi

Thinking it was a Samsung issue, they supported with tips of: updating software updates, factory resets and the idea of trying running from a Phone Hot Spot

This did work, although, a little poor and slow.

The other day, I bought a Humax set top FreeSat HB-1000s to find out it was the same. Although, did work once.

Not working on the LAN or Home Wi-Fi, but does on the Hot Spot, like the Samsung TV's same error.

I reset the BT fiber hub and pin reset the router.

The Perental control is not active or has ever been used. 

Nothing has been touched in the setting, since setup, Apart from Samsung who wanted to force Netflix through Port 80

Has anything been changed recently?

0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 6 of 151

Go to solution

I had exactly the same issue and ended up changing my router from the Homehub to an Asus RT-N66U which has solved it for me.

Now I know this shouldn't be necessary but I didn't find BT was willing to accept it was a problem on their part.

I had been through all the things you mentioned such as resetting the TV etc which was just a massive waste of time TBH.

As a workaround you can, once you get therror message, select sign out. Wait for it to error and show the sign in screen when it should work until you exit and you have to go through that process again.

Total letdown on BTs part and their helpdesk just wanted me to pay for their device support Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 151

Go to solution

Hi @Netflixuser,

Thanks for confirming that. 'I didn't know it was an option to get it through the BT account, is this likely to make a difference?' That's difficult to say. If you have an unlerlying issue that's causing the problem then it probably won't but if you want to try it let me know and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Netflixuser
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 151

Go to solution

I don't have BT TV so cant get Netflix as standalone. One thing I have noticed is that when I upgraded to Infinity unlimited I never got a HH5 I am still using the original hub, could this make a difference?

0 Ratings
Netflixuser
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 151

Go to solution

As a workaround you can, once you get therror message, select sign out. Wait for it to error and show the sign in screen when it should work until you exit and you have to go through that process again.

This exactly what happnes to me.

Something someware has changed but neither Netflix or BT want to take responsibility. I may borrow another hub (non BT) and see if that works.

Thanks

0 Ratings
redbean
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 151

Go to solution

Unfortunately, I can not get to a screen where I can Sign Out of Netflix, just the error diagnostics page: Exit, info, try again, etc.

Thanks for the info about the Router, but I am sure BT will sort this out.

They have put their prices up for, what seems less of a service.

0 Ratings