Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MATTHEWH
Beginner
Message 61 of 151

Re: Netflix connection error

Go to solution

BT replaced my Hh3 with another HH3 and it's now working - fingers crossed - solution is to get a replacement router from BT

0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 62 of 151

Go to solution

@MATTHEWH wrote:

BT replaced my Hh3 with another HH3 and it's now working - fingers crossed - solution is to get a replacement router from BT

Can you check which version both HH3s(A/B)  are and if the firmwares are different?

0 Ratings
jberks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 151

Re: Netflix - Just stopped working!

Go to solution

From my own experience and reading through this thread, how can BT get away with such shoddy service?

Surely they should be contacting customers to apologise for this known fault and keeping them informed of updates.

Especially when they had a marketing campaign featuring Netflix not that long ago.

Instead, you have denial of responsibility with customers being mis-informed and passed from pillar to post.

0 Ratings
sisterray
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 151

Go to solution

I have had this issue since before Christmas. I first contacted Neflix who took me through the usual predefined checklist for the ui-113 issues. When all this failed to work, the told me to get my internet provider (BT) to perform a DNS flush

When I called BT they told me they could not do it, but their paid support could. I refused because I pay approximately £35 a month. I expect support to be included by this.

I suspect BT did a partial roll out of this change last year, , then rolled it out nationwide a few days ago. Then everybody started getting this issue.

I expect better service from BT, especially when the cost goes up every year. Nevermind that I am paying £8.99 for netflix as I have a 4K LG TV, which I can only get to work about once a week after having to log out of all my Netflix accounts then wait a few days. When it does work it only works for that viewing session, then its back to square one.

Will we be compensated for this? 

The thing I am wondering about is what was changed? From the comments here it seem it affects people with a Home Hub 3. I think for the price we are paying BT should provide a new router every two years for their customers.

Come on BT fix this ASAP and write/email your customers to tell them of the issue and how to claim compensation.

0 Ratings
sisterray
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 151

Go to solution

On a potentially related note. IS anyone having issues with Demand 5 (now my5) on their LG TV. 

The issue is that when I choose to watch a TV programme, it goes to a black screen with a progress indicator in the top right hand corner. Eventually a dialog appears which says

Whoops!, The programme you are trying to watch isn’t currently available. Please try again later.

There is a code in the bottom left of the dialog, it is LGD5-530.

There are other reports on this site. Have a looks at their comments.
0 Ratings
Gareth9878
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 151

Go to solution
Has anyone tried a DNS flush? And if so did it work? I've also got home hub 3
0 Ratings
NJP100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 67 of 151

Go to solution
my5 is working fine on my LG-unlike Netflix!
0 Ratings
NJP100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 151

Go to solution
How do I perform a DNS flush on a home hub 3.0?
0 Ratings
NJP100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 151

Go to solution
Amazon Prime and iPlayer work so just Netflix!
0 Ratings
sisterray
Aspiring Contributor
Message 70 of 151

Go to solution

I got a message from BT via twitter saying

I'm so sorry we are aware of this problem. Once we have an update we will let you know. Keep an eye out on our forums

Someone else on twitter said they were offered a new home hub.

I never got a DNS flush as I do not believe I should have to pay BT to do it.

0 Ratings