Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cautiousrob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 91 of 151

Re: Netflix connection error

Go to solution

Thanks AnthonyUK

Been quietly monitoring this thread as I have the same issue as everyone (Samsung TV, HH3, Netflix error ui-113, other apps working fine). Now it seems I have two choices: A) wait for BT to fix the issue; or B) buy a non-BT router. Your posts make excellent sense (flattery!) and since a BT fix may be a long time coming I've been looking at the Asus router you mention. However I am not a techhie and need to know that swapping the two routers is a straightforward business of unplugging one and plugging in the other. I currently have a HH3B and wired BT broadband (not fibreoptic).

Your advice is really appreciated.

0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 92 of 151

Go to solution

@cautiousrob wrote:

I currently have a HH3B and wired BT broadband (not fibreoptic).

Your advice is really appreciated.

Hi Rob,

As you have ADSL you will need either a router with a built-in modem or a separate modem and router.

You can still use an ASUS device but look for the DSL-xxx rather than the RT-xxx ones.

Pretty much any other router should solve this so the choice is yours.

The TP-LINK TD-W9980 is highly rated for approx. £60 or choose any router and use a separate modem such as the TP-LINK TD-8817 or Draytek 120/130.

Anthony

0 Ratings
cautiousrob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 93 of 151

Go to solution
Many thanks - am now looking at the TP-LINK TD-W9980
Rob.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 94 of 151

Go to solution

More than happy with mine, although I don't use Netflix. It is an ADSL/VDSL modem router so will still work if you upgrade to Infinity.

0 Ratings
pfischer54
Message 95 of 151

Go to solution

David

FYI I am re-posting the following as it is a reliable work around and may help to track down the problem (I am guessing that renewing my IP address is the fix):

Yes I have been having this issue for a while with a Sony Bravia KD65X9005.

Contacted Netflix etc no help there, they blamed BT.

Netflix runs fine everywhere else...

amazon prime, iplayer stream fine on the Sony.

I use wired connections, so not a wifi issue.

The fix I have to use is:

1. Attempt to connect to Netflix on the Sony -> I get the UI-113 error and a cancel/re-try Netflix pop-up appears on the TV
  2. Reset the broadband connection on my BT hub from my laptop (and thereby get assigned a new IP address).
  3. Now Click re-try the Netflix connection on the TV

This has worked consistently for a couple of weeks. A real pita but at least it works.

0 Ratings
HowAboutThat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 96 of 151

Go to solution

Why is this thread marked as solved when it clearly isn't?

@DavidM wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. I'm sorry we haven't been back but as per my message on post 30 we're still looking into this and hope to get you all an update soon.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 97 of 151

Go to solution

@HowAboutThat wrote:

Because the OP of the thread marked it as solved because as far as he/she was concerned the solution in message 46 fixed it for him/her.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 98 of 151

Go to solution

Because the OP marked it as such, their particular issue having been apparently solved. Only the originator can mark a thread as solved and is their prerogative to do so as they see fit.

0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 99 of 151

Go to solution

@HowAboutThat wrote:

That is the issue with merging threads Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 100 of 151

Go to solution

That is the problem with posters starting their own thread instead of searching the boards first to see if there is a similar thread already running. It makes sense to merge posts with the same/similar problem such as this one otherwise the fragmented threads become a problem to try and manage and ensure that the people on their thread get the same information.

A post marked as "solved" makes no difference other than to point you to the solution that the OP found. As you will see if you look through the thread people continued to post onto this thread before and after the OP marked it as solved and before the threads were merged.

0 Ratings