cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevehar63
Message 31 of 151

Re: Netflix error since joining BT NW-2-5 on JVC tv when trying to watch netflix

Go to solution

Netflix engineer has just told me this is a known error and I need to call BT to have the parental controls changed in the infinity router. perhaps you can tell us how to do this?

tablets and apple tv work just fine, something to do with the way that smart TV's work.

Steve

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 151

Re: Netflix error since joining BT NW-2-5 on JVC tv when trying to watch netflix

Go to solution

There are no parental controls in the Homehub 5 which presumably the Netflix engineer is referring to when he talks about the "Infinity router". 

There are BT Network Parental Controls which you can turn on or off via your MyBT.

There are access controls on the Homehub 5 which can be set to stop devices accessing the Internet at certain times however this would need to have been set by you so you would already know if you had set it to block your device.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 151

Go to solution

@stevehar63 I don't believe that info from Netflix is correct as adjusting your parental controls settings will not resolve this.  We'll post back here with more info when the investigations have been completed.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
stevehar63
Message 34 of 151

Go to solution

Correction it was the panasonic engineer that said it, not netflix.

he said that the way smart TV's stream is different to tablets hence the reason why apple tv and ipad are still fine.

he definitely knew of the fault and definitely said it was a setting on the infinity. whether it was the modem or my homehub im not sure. sorry.

I reckon it stopped working for me about month ago

I cant seem to get to the homehub login screen anyway. Anyone know how to? Ive tried 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.254

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 151

Go to solution

Try this link

http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
MarkPotter
Beginner
Message 36 of 151

Go to solution

Same problem too. HH3 and new Samsung smart TV (previously had a new Panasonic smart TV which I fooloshly sent back to the retailer thinking it was a problem with the TV...) So looks like the only successful workaround so far is to get a new (non-BT) router. Excuse my ignorance, but is it just a case of removing HH3 and connecting a new router to the modem and device? or is it more complicated than that. thanks in advamce.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 151

Go to solution

If you are getting a new router make sure it has a WAN port. Just plug that into the Openreach modem in the same way as the Homehub. You will then need to enter the log on/user details. User name is bthomehub@btbroadband.com You do not need to use a password unless your router asks for one. If it does just use BT.

NJP100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 151

Re: Netflix connection error

Go to solution
I would wait until Neil the moderator reverts. I think this is all tied in with BT's broadband issues a couple of weeks ago. I had the same thoughts as you but why spend money when the hub may not be the issue?
0 Ratings
MarkPotter
Beginner
Message 39 of 151

Go to solution

thanks gg30340 and njp100. we've had problems since early december, from the moment we got a smart tv. netflix never loaded first time, regularly needed resetting and stopped working altogether about a month ago (it just hung on the opening page). we have bt infinity and an ethernet connection, so i don't think it's speed (plus all other apps and devices work fine). So in my opinion maybe this predates BT's recent broadband probem (unless there is another one I don't know about). however, i'll wait a few days before chucking money at a new router and will follow subsequent posts/advice. thanks again. 

0 Ratings
iwornmyelbows
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 151

Re: Netflix connection error

Go to solution

Hello telecommers, have had same problem which started a couple of weeks ago, Netflix app (subscribe directly) Panasonic Viera TV and BT Hub 3.0. Can still connect through Laptop.

App won't connect and gives error UI108 so contacted Netflix, Panasonic and BT then tried all solutions (turn everything off then on / TV software check and factory reset / DNS and IP faffing / add then remove Parental controls in MyBT / try Ethernet cable connection / use iPhone as hotspot / perch upon sacred standing stone reciting phone book backwards etc) with no luck.

BT help desk folks nice to talk to but advice not particularly useful and interesting get out clause of being put through to a tech expert who then proceeds to reiterate the same advice whilst giving a hard sell to some subscription only assistance (what could it be?!)

Not being able to watch my daily fix of terrible superhero dramas and Danny Dyer films is making me seriously consider threatening to leave BT (before deciding that I can't be bothered)

0 Ratings