cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pn1234
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Netflix issues

Is anyone else experiencing problems connecting to Netflix on BT Infinity? Not streaming movies but just opening the app. I have 5 devices which exhibit different behaviours:

* PC - everything works fine, no problems

* Android 6 phone - app usually loads but not always, and is quite slow when it does

* Android 5 tablet - app often fails to load (error code -9) and takes ages when it does

* Sony Bravia 2013 Smart TV - app never loads

* PS3 - app never loads (UI-113)

(by "load" I mean display the Netflix main menu with last watched, recommendations etc)

These problems have gradually emerged over the last couple of weeks. E.g. a few days ago the PS3 worked and now it doesn't. The TV was getting progressively slower at connecting until it stopped completely last week.

On the PS3 and TV, the connection tests within the app report everything is OK. I have seen previous threads like this one suggesting an issue with the HomeHub (I have a HH3 so I can't change the MTU) and reports from a while ago about issues on BT's end. Suffice to say if I tether one of the devices to my phone's 3G everything works fine.

I've tried various things on all devices: DHCP vs fixed IP, different DNS settings, changing the MTU on PS3. None to any avail. Next port of call is to contact either BT or Netflix support for the inevitable game of responsibilty ping-pong. Frankly based on previous experience I'm not sure I have the energy.

Any hints/advice/confirmation of others having problems would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Netflix issues

Hi @pn1234,

I haven't seen this crop up. Does Netflix work ok on your android devices on a different wireless or mobile network?

What speeds do you get? You can test it here: BT Speed Test. Make sure you use a wired connection to test it.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
pn1234
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Netflix issues

Hi @DanielS, I get 68mbps down/13 mbps up on that speed test. The Android devices work fine when tethered to a mobile network.

0 Ratings