Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
python
Contributor
Message 1 of 34

Netgear D6400

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of the above routers yet?

I currently use the Netgear WNDR3700v2 at present but am thinking about upgrading to a newer model.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Jim
0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 34

Re: Netgear D6400

Hi @python

We are using the D6300 on adsl. Seems like the only difference with the D6400 and D6300 is that the D6400 has a VDSL2 & ADSL compatible modem in it.

It's bigger than any of the Home Hub's and I think a bit bigger than the WNDR3700v2, though functionality wise very good for a domestic modem router.

It's been able to keep a stable sync for 30+ days on adsl, whereas when we used the Home Hub it would resync every couple of days or so.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 34

Might be worth confirming whether it is G.Inp capable or not.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 34

Having a look around, some say that it needs a firmware update which will then enable G.INP on VDSL2 and that it will be updated soon however there is also some evidence that it already supports G.INP on VDSL2 on the initial firmware.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
python
Contributor
Message 5 of 34

Yeah, I have read that about some say it is enabled and others say it needs the new firmware, That is Why I asked if anyone on here has got one.

Might be wise to wait a couple of months and se what others start to say.

--------------------
Jim
0 Ratings
xmb
Contributor
Message 6 of 34

I have one and have to say it seems very stable by comparison with my HH4. All have noticed better Wi-Fi performance and even when multiple users are streaming movies everything seems to be buttery smooth. Setup using a Apple Mac was no problem.

I can't confirm G.IMP myself, as it has not been enabled on my cabinet yet, but it is clear from those who have performed tests this product already supports G.IMP. From other reports it also supports the BT IPTV services so seems a very good high specification router, ideal for those with multiple devices and users.

So far I am very happy but its current price may be a little too high for some, especially if they are not accessing with many devices simultaneously or do not need the advanced features, such as ReadySHARE and the ability to turn any printer into an Apple Airprint printer.

0 Ratings
python
Contributor
Message 7 of 34

Thanks.

How can I check to see if G.INP has been enabled on My cabinet?

They are a little expensive as you say.

--------------------
Jim
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 34

My TP Link TD-W9980 was a lot cheaper at about £65

0 Ratings
Highlighted
xmb
Contributor
Message 9 of 34

But the TP Link TD-W9980 does not support G.IMP with the current firmware and the Wireless is only N600 whereas the D6400 supports AC1600 so is much faster. So not really comparing like for like. 

As I said, if you have the right hardware and therefore can take full advantage of the Netgear's advanced features, it may be worth the money.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 34

@xmb wrote:

But the TP Link TD-W9980 does not support G.IMP with the current firmware and the Wireless is only N600 whereas the D6400 supports AC1600 so is much faster. So not really comparing like for like.

It does with the Beta firmware available on the Kitz forum. Faster wireless is only useful for LAN traffic where the DSL speed is not the limiting factor.

As I said, if you have the right hardware and therefore can take full advantage of the Netgear's advanced features, it may be worth the money.

0 Ratings