cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xmb
Contributor
Message 11 of 34

Re: Netgear D6400

G.IMP has been rolled out to most Huawei cabinets but not on the ECI cabinets due to issues found during tests.

You can see what type of cabinet you have by looking at it and use the information found at the Kitz forum.

0 Ratings
python
Contributor
Message 12 of 34

Ok.

I bought the Netgear D6400 this afternoon.

So far it is performing very poor some pages are slow to load.

When using speedtest .not I got a steady 37.4 download speed with a ping of 18.

Now sometimes it is slow loading speedtest.net page and when I do the test the bar is not stable at all and I am down to 34.5

If it doesn't improve I am afraid it will be returned from where I bought it, am currently in contact with Netgear support but I don't expect to get much help.

--------------------
Jim
0 Ratings
Highlighted
xmb
Contributor
Message 13 of 34

Mine is stable and working fine since I installed it over two weeks ago now. Since the forums are very quiet it is unlikely to be a router problem, unless you have been unlucky. Any mass produced item can and will have odd failures out of the thousands manufactured.

0 Ratings
python
Contributor
Message 14 of 34

I have put my BT modem and wnd3700 back on for now and everything is ok.

I have been talking to Netgear support for a few days and yesterday I had an email saying :-

We will look into your case, we will hopefully release the latest Firmware as soon as possible, but then again we have no exact time as to when will it released. Rest assure that the update of the Firmware for D6400 is on process.

----------------------------

Waiting to see what happens when it is released.

--------------------
Jim
0 Ratings
xmb
Contributor
Message 15 of 34

As everyone else with these seem to having no issues and multiple users report G.IMP works fine (assuming your cabinet has this enabled) you may have a faulty router. Take a look at Kitz Forum.

Have you tried resetting your router to factory defaults then setting up again?

0 Ratings
Steve514
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 34

Hi sorry very new to this but please can I ask,
I have bt infinity being installed in the next day or two , I have brought the netgear d6400 , I have it connect to adsl at moment , which works great but when I read the manual it's saying when you set up for vdsl it says to do it over PPPoE ?
I'm confused , do I need still to buy a open reach modem , or will the netgear d6400 connect to bt infinity which will allow all computers and devices to connect wireless ?
Please help
Thank you
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 34

The Netgear will work fine on its own, you will need to set it up again for VDSL when you are changed over.

0 Ratings
Steve514
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 34

That's great thank you so when it comes to re setup I change transfer mode to PTM , also need to input login details and password also cos I have an static ip but when it comes to encapsulation will I be able to use PPoA or PPPoE or is it best to let netgear genie do the set up.
Thank you
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 34

@Steve514 wrote:
I have an static ip

How did you manage to get a static IP on a BT Residential service, as I thought that only BT Business issues those?

Remember, this is a Residential forum, and if it BT Business specific information you need, then you would be better asking on the BT Business Forum. at http://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Steve514
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 34

Sorry I'm bt business ,sorry
0 Ratings