cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Netgear Wireless N300 Cable Router.

i currently have the home hub 2 but am having issues reagarding online gaming, (nat issues) i have tried every fix that bt helpline has advised me to use but to no avail, my question is if i replace the home hub with the netgear wireless n300 cable router will bt vision and broadband still work, if so what do i have to do to make it work, im guessing it wont just plug in and work?? any help muchly appreciated 🙂

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Peter
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Netgear Wireless N300 Cable Router.

We had similar problems with a HH2 and tried every possible setting to correct it but all to no avail.  However, these problems have all been solved since we installed a HH3.  Whilst the Netgear will probably work OK, a HH3 will definitely work with BTV and online gaming but will not support BBtalk.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

i have a friend who has a home hub 3 and he has same issues as i do,i have strict nat and he has moderate, which is not much difference, the things that bugs me is we are both on bt but are unable to connect online to play games, hence im reluctent to get a hh3

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

the cable router will not work on it's own as there is no modem.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

any suggestion of a replacement for the home hub 2 that will work with bt broadband but wont have the unfixable nat issues that the home hub 2 has then???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
PingMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Could you not just leave the HH2 running the broadband signal and then connect via cable to the Netgear which could then distribute the wireless signal? Sort of like the RF loop through on a freeview box for example....

0 Ratings