cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brockerz
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Network Drive

Hi, I have a BT Home Hub 6. I have recently set up a local network hard drive and have successfully map my laptop to it using 192.168.1.254 as the address.

I am now trying to connect my iphone to it. I use the same address as above, username and password however it will not let join. Am I meant to use the sever name rather than address? Has anyone else faced this issue?

I have done some research and it does seem possible. However all the research I have seen says the Iphone needs SMB1. From what I can find I think the HH6 already uses SMB1 or am I wrong? If so how do you enable SMB1 on he hub?

Many thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
albertj
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Network Drive

Hi @Brockerz 

Welcome to the Community!

What application are you using on the phone to connect?

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

I assume you have connected the device to the USB port of the hub.

The hub uses SMB1 whereas most devices these days use SMB2 or SMB3 as SMB1 is deprecated and considered insecure. You need to enable SMB1 on your iPad if that is possible.

0 Ratings
Brockerz
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Hi, I am just using the standard files app. However I have tried file explorer and netportal lite

0 Ratings
Brockerz
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

Yes I have plugged the HDD into the usb port on the Home Hub 6. From what I can tell from the research I have done, iphone uses SMB1. 

If the Hub uses SMB1 then I must be doing something else wrong. But at least this narrows it done. Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Have you mapped the drive to \\192.168.1.254\usb1

0 Ratings
Brockerz
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

So it doesn’t seem to allow \ while typing in the address on the phone.

\\192.168.1.254\usb1 is what I did use mapping to computer. This is why I thought maybe I need to use maybe ‘server name’. But to be honest this is where my novice understanding ends
0 Ratings