Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljm
Expert
Message 1 of 8

Network and System Uptime is 18+ days

Hi everyone,

For the first time ever, since using my Smart Hub, the Hub Manager says Network and System Uptime is at present over 18 days when it usually resets itself automatically always at 14 days.  I'm not moaning about it, just find it odd to be without the usual momentary disconnection at the 14 days mark.

Just wondered if anyone else has ever got passed the 14 day mark uninterrupted too?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Network and System Uptime is 18+ days

@ljm wrote:

Hi everyone,

For the first time ever, since using my Smart Hub, the Hub Manager says Network and System Uptime is at present over 18 days when it usually resets itself automatically always at 14 days.  I'm not moaning about it, just find it odd to be without the usual momentary disconnection at the 14 days mark.

Just wondered if anyone else has ever got passed the 14 day mark uninterrupted too?

Yes!

Mine held up for 30 days to the exact minute.

This followed a rectification of an intermittent upload speed problem by a helpful Openreach engineer.

The connection time reset itself to zero at that 30 day connection time.

Otherwise there were no changes to noise margins or speeds.

Lets see if others exceed that 30 day period.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

i have had over 100 days and know of others with similar

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Wow!....... 100 days is amazing!!
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 5 of 8

Out of curiosity what happens at the end of the 14, 18, 30 or 100 day cycle?

Does the hub restart or is the connection just dropped for a release/renew of the IP address?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 8

@Liam_ wrote:

Out of curiosity what happens at the end of the 14, 18, 30 or 100 day cycle?

Does the hub restart or is the connection just dropped for a release/renew of the IP address?

In my case there was no hub restart. ----  only reset the connection time to zero after 30 days with a TR 69 communication.

Time was exactly on schedule for the daily communication.

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 7 of 8

In my case, there's always been a small disconnection and restart of my Smart Hub.
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 8 of 8

@Ribblelancs& @ljm

Thanks for the replies guys.  So the router (hub) restarts, or at least some of them, wonder why it restarts.  Hmm, if my router restarted on it's own, that is without me making it restart, I would consider it faulty and replace it.  I guess it must be a hub thing.

0 Ratings