cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Network printer on Smart Hub 2 does not print

Hi,

I have transferred from VM to BT as a result of a house move.

I have a Smart Hub 2, Whole Home discs for wifi, and two extenders for TV and a network printer.  I am having trouble setting up the printer (Brother HL4150CDN).

It seems to install ok; I can see its control page by typing in its IP address; but when I send a page to print the page stays in the print queue until it fails.  The Smart Hub Manager shows the Printer but says it status is "Not Connected".

I have searched the internet and removed and reloaded drives, tried a fixed IP and used DCHP but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Network printer on Smart Hub 2 does not print

@Higs99  I had the same problem when I first received my SH2. The solution was to start with the printer! Turn it off/on and go through the set-up  from scratch including logging on to your SH2 using the id and password as shown on your hub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

As there's not much to go wrong I'd be suspecting the 'extender'.  What are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

BT Mini Connectors

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Make sure you have turned off 'Smart Setup' on the hub, it causes untold problems.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

If smart setup isn't the culprit would you be able to test the printer without using a powerline adapter?  Or by swapping the TV and printer connections? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Here is an update:

No prints yet.....☹️

I have tried:

Turning off smart setup

Removing smart plugs and wiring direct to SH2

Resetting printer to factory

Setting static IP from printer (outside the DCHP range) and not

Re-installing drivers

Gone from WSD to TCP/IP port

In all cases, I can get to the printer admin page by typing in the IP address.  I can print a test page from there - so the printer seems ok.

In all cases, print jobs hang in the queue - saying "Printing" for ever and then fail.

What have I missed?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Have you checked for any firmware update?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

If this is happening on just the one PC it sounds like be the Print Spooler.  Unusual today but back in the day it fell over a lot.

Assuming Windows 10…

Right click the start button, go to Task Manager, Services tab.  Find the Spooler, right click and Stop.

Go to File Explorer, drive C:, Windows folder, System32 folder, Spool folder, Printers folder.  You will need to give yourself permission for the latter.  Delete and documents waiting for your printer.

Right click the start button, go to Task Manager, Services tab.  Find the Spooler, right click and Start.

0 Ratings