cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

New BT Full Fiber 5G Digital

Hi 

I have owned a HP DeskJet 2622 All-in-One Printer for about 1 year or so now and on Friday last i upgraded to BT full fiber 100 witch is digital and runs on 5G, Then i later found out on Sunday in a live chat the new smart hub 2 only runs on 5G and the printer is 2G/4G so it will not connect, So 3 days into my new contract with BT i have found my printer will not connect to the Wi Fi as it is not compatible with new digital 5G, But BT do not tell you this when upgrading, So all things must now be 5G compatible or they will not work on this new digital network, So what do i do now as the printer is only a year old and like brand new and i am signed up for the ink every month,

Any help would be help full, Cheers 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: New BT Full Fiber 5G Digital

Firstly. your terminology is a little mixed up. "G" refers to mobile network data which is totally separate from broadband. The issue you appear to have is with the WiFi bands of 2.4GHz & 5GHz.

As I understand it, the SM2 & WiFi discs (if you have them) support both bands. The issue is that you cannot assign them separate identities (SSID), so you can't choose which band a device tries to connect to. You should however be able to temporarily turn off the 5GHz band in the SH2, connect your printer to 2.4GHz & then witch the 5GHz back on. Give that a try & see how you get on. Although there are some reports of devices being confused by both bands existing on the same SSID.

Message 3 of 8

The previous router you were using would also have been dual band WiFi. It is probably best to factory reset the printer to remove all old connections and set it up again preferably by entering the hub wireless passkey on the printer manually rather than using WPS. Also make sure you have turned off Smart Setup on the hub as that causes endless problems.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

Message 4 of 8

Re: New BT Full Fiber 5Ghz Digital

!'ve tryed that and no joy done it 3 times !

Why can't i edit my original post ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

!'ve tryed that and no joy done it 3 times !

Tried what?

See the HP support page & download their wireless troubleshooter.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series/12319824/model/167792...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Re: New BT Full Fiber 5Ghz Digital !

Thanks for stating the obvious,  Don't you think i've been on there before i came on here lol  !

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Wezza1wrote:

Thanks for stating the obvious,  Don't you think i've been on there before i came on here lol  !

Well as you made no reference to it whatsoever, never mind what the results of running the troubleshooter were, no.

But given your attitude I'll leave to it...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

It go's without saying you first go on the website of the product to see if there is any answers or it do's to me and also go on there forum and post the same question too !
0 Ratings