cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

New BT Smart Hub 2 not connecting to some websites

My new Smart Hub will not connect to some websites, returning a message "server cannot be found". Connecting through a VPN connects without a problem. I am not the only person having this problem, and I am the webmaster for one of these sites and it is not a hosting problem. It was OK with my Smart Hub 1.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: New BT Smart Hub 2 not connecting to some websites

did you turn off smart setup in hub manager?  check MYBT and make sure web protect is not enabled

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your sugestion. I have now tried with web protect off, and with smart setup both off and on. Problem remains.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I can't see how changing hub would affect access to some sites and not others. The only thing I can think of is that changing hubs caused your public IP address to change and possibly DNS server. You could try disconnecting your hub from line for about half an hour or so to  get another different IP address and see if that works.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Did you ever resolve this? I've had my smart hub 2 for about 2 years. No problems until last week. Now I am intermittently unable to connect to majority of websites, e.g BBC, or even to the hub itself via wifi. Other sites like Google connect fine. Occasionally devices unable to connect to WiFi at all. So frustrating and makes no sense to me.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Y2GK 

Sounds like a factory reset might be in order (see How do I reset my BT Hub to its factory settings | BT Help )

If you have any customised settings and can contact the hub by ethernet then you can backup the configuration file and restore it after the reset to save you setting it all up again

0 Ratings