cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

New BT hub 6 customer - WiFi is atrocious

Well what can I say moved from sky a few months back thinking they were bad this is a new level !!!
BT are saying I have 50mb coming into house but where is it going when it hits the router.
spent countless hours on live chat and telephone to overseas call centre with same old script. Being a family home there’s prob 4 Ethernet , 14 WiFi items Was advised to split channels to 2.4 and 5 however sitting next to router WiFi does not find the 5gb so BT have told me iPhone and iPads not compatible with 5ghz

already had a BT replacement hub I have 2 WiFi extenders which never needed with sky I gave up last night and turned on today. Trying to log into the hub and it’s saying the manager password is incorrect 😂😡. Really worked ok b4 I went to sleep
I can do a ookla speed test and it will show 45mb but then go to load a page and takes ages and pictures/ text on a page longer

I am not mega technical and not familiar with private networks etc but surely things should work out the box if they don’t BT technical dept should have experience to assist not same old scripted bull

is there anyone that can assist ? Sorry for being long winded post

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New BT hub 6 customer - WiFi is atrocious

have you turned off smat setup?  you have already split the 2.4/5ghz networks but did you manually select channels rather than leave on auto?  have you tried changing the wireless mode from default 1 to either 2 or 3?

can you post stats - advanced settings then technical log information

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with ethernet connection and prferebaly not using firefox http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Smart setup has never been on changed it this morning to mode 2 and channel 11 and channel 48

Will need to fire up desktop as always use WiFi and will download explorer and post info
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Broadband username:
bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi:
Active
2.4 GHz wireless network name:
BTHub6-ZSG3
2.4 GHz wireless channel:
Channel 11
5 GHz wireless network name:
Second -5
5 GHz wireless channel:
Channel 48
Wireless security:
WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode:
Mode 2
Firewall:
On
MAC address:
24:20:C7:5F:9A:81
Software variant:
-
Boot loader:

------------------------------------------------

Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 49.74 Mbps

0 Mbps53.18 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 49.74 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 27.5 Mbps-53.18 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 53.18 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 8.53 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8.53Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

As you can see hardwired is not the issue however only product that is hard wired to router is the hive heating system, printer and a firestick( oh and that freezes and buffers all time)

We are a family that all devices are wifi not desktops

0 Ratings