cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

New BT user. Wifi a bit disappointing

Recently rejoined BT from Plusnet. Was using Smart Hub router from previous BT account. Worked fine.

Have got new latest edition Smart Hub from BT but noticing that wifi reception doesn't seem as good. Thought this latest hub was supposed to be better than my last on for wifi..

Have always used Powerline Ethernet and Powerline extenders. Still the same, all are connected ok but as I said wifi seems not as good. Slow to connect, or won't connects sometimes.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

John

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: New BT user. Wifi a bit disappointing

Have you turned off smart setup as that can affect it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have switched that off.

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Have you selected the wireless channels manually instead of auto probably use a WiFi analyser on phone to see channels in use and select a free or less congested channel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

No, I will give that a go.

Thanks,

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

When you use a WiFi analyser take into account it’s not always going to show all connections. Clients don’t tend to have the range of a router so it gives a rough idea. 
Also take into account many use Auto so channels change through the day as well as other environment factors. 
if I use say my MacBook it will show around 8 but if I use my routers scan I can see 37 and in a week a total of 90. Not all will cause interference and most are aimed at 2.4. 

0 Ratings