cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmastephenson
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

New Build connection

I have recently moved in to a new build house at the end of an existing development. The BT line stops just before the new development. BT have known about the development before works even started (over 2 years ago) but still there is no BT line to reach the site. We recently had an Sky engineer out to but he couldn't do anything as there was no line. Th person in BT in charge of this site has ignored numerous calls from myself and the developer. How do I go about getting this resolved? As someone who requires to work from home having no internet isn't good enough.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New Build connection

this is nothing to do with BT Retail   you need to keep at your developer to get things moving as he is the one who can contact openreach and get the cabling in place

if you use search you will find other posts just like yours

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
CJT80
Expert
Message 3 of 5

@emmastephenson

What has the developer told you? 

Really the Developer is responsible for ensuring everything is sorted at the properties, and then all you would need to do is order a new service. 

Does the address show up on this checker?  Type in your postcode and select the address from the list given. 

What products are shown as available? 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
emmastephenson
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for your replies.

The developer has given the contact name within BT and pretty much said they are trying their best. We have tried to contact that person via email and telehone but she is ignoring all correspondence.

Everything is showing on the link as 'available' apart from other offerings which shows 'availabilty date'. Does this mean that it should be available?

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

this forum is for residential customers of BT Retail  your developer is dealing with Openreach and probably gave you openreach contact details but openreach don't deal with the public hence why the previous suggestions to get on to your developer

there is no connection from here to Openreach which although part of BT Group are totally separate companies

you can try the FTTP team to see if they can shed any light for you but I doubt it 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.