cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

New Connection, Purple Flashing Light!

I received my Smart Hub 2 days ago, all ready and set up yesterday for the engineer coming to connect a landline from outside my house for my broadband (I’m not using a landline phone, the connection was for broadband purposes only). The engineer never turned up. Then I thought maybe I don’t need one. However, my hub has been connected to the master socket now since yesterday and has been flashing purple ever since. I have turned it off and on again, I have swapped the cable ends around and I have used the factory reset button. It’s still purple. What am I doing wrong and does an engineer infact need to connect the landline to the telephone pole in the street? And I have had no confirmation from BT that it’s been connected or activated in any way. What am I missing?!?!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Connection, Purple Flashing Light!

a phone to check to see if your phone line is actually connected otherwise that is reason for no broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

You would receive notification **bleep** your service was activated.

The phone would be activated first, followed by the broadband, which is why you need to check for dial tone using a basic wired phone which costs less that £10, as it may be disconnected within your house.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the help, phoned BT and there was a mix up with the engineer, so he’s coming out next week. Hopefully will all be sorted then.

0 Ratings