cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gotyou
Message 1 of 7

New Customer with HUB4 and opting out of BTwifi & FON.

Hi there

I have just yesterday received my HUB4 and everything is up and running.

Yesterday I was really impressed with my blazingly fast inernet using 5G WiFi.

2.4G signal was also very good on mobiles.

I noticed that in the settings the BTWifi was not active yesterday however Today I found that BTWiFi is active and 2 Extra SSIDs BT Wifi & BT Wifi with FON are also available.

The thing I noticed was that my 5G Wifi is not imressive anymore and the whole internet is lagging. So I have decided to OptOut of the BT Wifi.

I went on thid address www.bt.com/btfon to optout however to check the status first I was asked to enter my @btinternet.com user name which I do not have.

How can I check the status if I do not have btintetnet.com emaill address?

I can not find anywhere to sign up for one!!

Why can't I use my BT ID?

How can check the status?

How can I optout?

Regards

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: New Customer with HUB4 and opting out of BTwifi & FON.

Hi gotyou and welcome to the forums

You need your BT email account details.

Here's how to go about getting them http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8517/kw

(If you're a new customer of BT, you should have the email details to hand, probably via email or by post...:|)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
gotyou
Message 3 of 7

I am sorry I did not explain my point clearly.
I have BT ID "myemail@gmail.com" and I know the password which works and takes me to my BT account and I can see my profile. no problem there.

the problem is that on www.bt.com/btfon I am told that the username is not correct and maust have one with @btinternert.com.

the question was how can I get a username/email address like myemail@btinternet.com that would enable me to log in on www.bt.com/btfon to check my btfon status and eventually optout..
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Ah, I see.

But alas, currently only a primary bt yahoo email account has the ability to check the status, opt in or opt out or be used to sign in to a BTWifi hotspot.

0 Ratings
gotyou
Message 5 of 7

Ok
If I can not get the btinternet.com email to optout what are my options to optout of btfon?
Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

You could try calling the BTFon/Wifi help desk - 0800 022 33 22

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@gotyou wrote:
I am sorry I did not explain my point clearly.
I have BT ID "myemail@gmail.com" and I know the password which works and takes me to my BT account and I can see my profile. no problem there.

the problem is that on www.bt.com/btfon@ I am told that the username is not correct and maust have one with @btinternert.com.

the question was how can I get a username/email address like myemail@btinternet.com that would enable me to log in on www.bt.com/btfon to check my btfon status and eventually optout..

@Your BT Id to log onto My BT can be anything you have set it to. This is not your primary email address that BTYahoo would have supplied to you when first started with BT. This should have been sent to you along with account details, which you would have needed to set up your MyBT, and will have ended in @btinternet.com. This is what you need to either log into BTWifi-Fon or opt out from it.

If you have forgotten it or were not sent it the you will need to contact BT as advised by DS.  

0 Ratings