cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: New FTTP Installation problem

have you checked the ethernet cable is securely connected to the ONT?  have you tried changing the ethernet cable between the ONT and the router?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Yes swapped Ethernet cables the other day when it first did this, but still crashed so put my better high quality cables back on

it has just crashed again but came back up online itself

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

So, during a lengthy session with the help team, I replaced the BT hub, line tests were run and everything was apparently running perfectly, but as I was on the phone wifi smart plugs, smart bulbs were going online and dropping off before my eyes, Hive would not connect, doorbell would not connect, only Ethernet connected items were stable.

Engineer visit arranged, and I then get an email to say it will cost £40

Engineer not arriving until day 14 of connection, so if I wait for him (and I have no confidence he will fix anything) and I will be locked into a 24 month contract.

Decisions to be made, my TP Link router back on and all running perfectly

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

That won’t solve the random loss of service, five times now in five days, and yes it still lost internet with the BT hub connected.

I think a charge of £40 for a engineer is the last straw in an appalling experience trying to return to  BT

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

@Christinewrote:

So, during a lengthy session with the help team, I replaced the BT hub, line tests were run and everything was apparently running perfectly, but as I was on the phone wifi smart plugs, smart bulbs were going online and dropping off before my eyes, Hive would not connect, doorbell would not connect, only Ethernet connected items were stable.

So would that not point towards it being a wifi issue rather than anything to do with the FTTP installation then?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Indeed, the BT hub cannot manage all my Wi-Fi devices, my TPLink handles everything fine, but the helpdesk say I must use the Hub2 to monitor line status, but that mean most of my smart home is offline including security, so the bt hub is no good to me, and if the line drop while I’m away I can’t power cycle the ONT remotely 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Away from home, everything just crashed for the sixth time in six days, very angry 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Try disabling all wifi on the BT Hub. Then switch it off for 2 mins. Switch off the ONT for 2 mins. Turn on the BT Hub and wait for it to boot and fail to connect. Then turn on the ONT. If it connects, leave things like that for 2 or 3 days or until it loses Broadband again. If it does then it looks like a faulty ONT or FTTH network problem.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

I had to put my router back on as half of my Wi-Fi devices keep going on and offline, and my ring doorbell wont work at all even after factory reset and reinstall.

I have noticed the lan led goes solid green when it fails, BT want to charge me £40 for a tech visit, but he will arrive on day 15 of  my service so I’m locked in for 24 months with a potentially still faulty service.

I asked for the cooling off period to be extended until my new service is working correctly which was refused.

Already signed back with Virgin which has worked flawlessly in the past 

0 Ratings