cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
newja
Message 1 of 6

New Fibre Smarthub6 - connecting a webcam to 2.4 Ghz

Hi, today I have had my Fibre instal and all is going well in many areas but there are a couple of things not working out right so I shall post 2 separate questions.

I have a webcam that I easily set up on my HH4 once I knew how to create 2 x SSIDs dor 2.4 and 5 ghz.

I replicated my actions on my Smarthub6 and now have 2 SSIDs named appropriately with my android phone connected to the 2.4 side - as I had done previously.

Resetting my camera and using my android phone to effect a connection simply does not work - I am certain that I am connecting (or trying to) to the correct SSID which is the 2.4 ghz one and that I have the correct password.  Now tried several times over the past few hours and reset both the hub and the camera too to no avail.

Various internet searches tell of the importance to split the SSIDs out and yet nothing effects a connection.  (The camera is IPC365 but it seems a common issue with webcams and baby monitors that for most people are solved by splitting their router into 2 SSIDs, one for each band....any ideas please?  TIAbthub.png

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New Fibre Smarthub6 - connecting a webcam to 2.4 Ghz

As it is hh6 have you turned off smart setup?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
newja
Message 3 of 6

OK, so I have turned off "smart setup", saved and retried both issues twice - no joy, thanks anyway!

I still am not clear on what smart set up does so have popped it back on again and will research further, thanks anyway...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Smart set up tries to launch a browser on a device when it first connects. Devices that don't have browsers get confused, smart set up is definitely best turned off.

From other posts, some devices don't like anything other than alpha or numeric characters inthe SSID. Might be worth changing the SSID to something very simple.

0 Ratings
newja
Message 5 of 6

Hmmm, I can try - but the HH4 was the same SSID style and charachters.....will report back
0 Ratings
newja
Message 6 of 6

Nice idea but no joy - thanks 🙂
0 Ratings