cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

New HP laptop - How do I enter wireless key ?

Go to solution

I have found BT wifi button clicked on this and it brings up a variety of BT wifis. Choosing the simplest, 'BTwifi' I cannot see how to enter my wifi key anywhere. I am stuck. Can anyone help please.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New HP laptop - How do I enter wireless key ?

Go to solution

If you really intend to connect to the public BT wifi rather than your hub wifi, you don't use a passkey, you login with your BTID. When you select BT wifi as the network, it brings up a login page, select 'already a customer' and then in the account drop down list ensure you select BT Broadband rather than the default BTwifi before entering credentials.

If, however, you wish to connect to your own wifi, select the signal that probably starts BT-xxxx

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @prabtcom welcome back to the community, this short video how to connect to BT broadband shows you what you need to do. 

Make sure you're choosing the same SSID from the list of wifi connections that's on the back of the hub. Post back and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Yes, thanks, I found this yesterday when I looked at the back of the hub to make sure that I had the right key ( even though at that point I hadn't found anywhere to enter it ). And there it was staring at me, a particular BT hub code.

What I would say is that for idiots like me, HP could have included a sheet of instructions with their product. My son-in-law had set it up for me otherwise, but using his hub.

BT could also be faulted for not giving some sort of guidance on their website. Using my aging PC, I was going round in circles on their website.

Thanks again

0 Ratings