cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daveb134
Message 1 of 4

New Postcode - Infinity both possible and impossible!

Hi All

I'm moving to a new property - part of a small development of 8 houses. It was built on the site of some commercial units - 8 residential properties were built, and there are a few commercial units which still remain.

The commercial units have kept their old postcode, and the residential houses have been provided with a new postcode. All are connected to the same physical cabinet which is about 500m away. When checking with BT online if I check the commercial unit postcode it states that they can recieve FTTC and are eligible for BT infinity. If I check the new residential postcode but don't put in a house number it also states that it is eligible for BT infinity.

However when I check the new residential postcode but do put in a house number (any of the 8 properties) suddenly it is no longer eligible for BT infinity?

Ca someone explain why if we had kept the postcode for the commercial units we'd be eligible and if we don't specify a house number we're also eligible, but as soon as we do suddenly its not technically possible? 

Thanks!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Postcode - Infinity both possible and impossible!

Welcome to this customer to customer forum. @Daveb134

Its simply means that the Openreach database has not been updated. If you first place an order for a BT Retail phone line. Once that is installed, the database will be updated, and you will then see what broaband options are available.

0 Ratings
Daveb134
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the info Keith. So once the main line is installed and working then hopefully I should be able to order infinity... do you know the lead times for openreach updating their data? Are we talking days, weeks or months?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@Daveb134 wrote:
Thanks for the info Keith. So once the main line is installed and working then hopefully I should be able to order infinity... do you know the lead times for openreach updating their data? Are we talking days, weeks or months?

Once the phone line is working, Openreach should update the database quite quickly, but if it gets delayed, one of the moderators may be able to help.

0 Ratings