Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dragonfyr
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

New Router Issues - VERY ANNOYED!

Hi there,

Got the new router from BT. Had nothing but problems with it. 

A friend changed my DNS details and that seems to work, most of the time. But every day or two the router LED turns orange. So i turn it off - wait a couple of mins - turn it back on. Then after it's booted itself up im connected again! This has happened whilst im playing online games, streaming or just using facebook! And it happens any time of the day. Completely random! (connected via network cable to my main pc).

- My girlfriends mobile (MS lumia 625) wouldn't connect - until i changed to "Mode 3" in the router config. Whatever that is! 
- My laptop wouldn't connect via wifi.
- It would seem that having spaces in the SSID wouldn't let anything connect to it.
- I can't use a decent password for my wifi as it won't let me connect if i do. So i have to use a basic password! 

The router before this went off 2 times, for 5 minutes each time, in just over 2 years!
This New Router has gone off around 7 times in the past couple of weeks!! 

AND the fact that im paying nearly £60 per month for this, really annoys me! (I don't use my tv. I've used my landline to make 2 outgoing calls in over 2 years) - All i do is use the internet! Using the highest package for fibre optic. 

Should i just plug the old router in and use the new one as a door stop? 

Thanks,
Gary

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Dragonfyr
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: New Router Issues - VERY ANNOYED!

Also, i called BT, requested the "Call Back within 1 hour" feature. This was about 2 weeks ago. Still waiting!!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

I think you have answered this thread yourself in your last sentence in your first message!

0 Ratings
Dragonfyr
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

I don't believe this... !! I have had to reset my password to this forum twice just to reply!!!!!! RAWR!!!! 

That isn't the answer im looking for, gg30340. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

It may not be the answer you are looking for but is by far the best one. Have a read through the forum and you will find the HH6 would appear to have serious problems that even a replacement HH6 does not seem to resolve.

0 Ratings
Dragonfyr
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Adding some context to your answer has helped more than your first reply. Thanks. Im going to call BT and enquire about how much im paying for this new router and see where that gets me! 

Cheers

0 Ratings
Dragonfyr
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

I am fuming!!! Just been on the phone to BT for 1 hour 43 minutes! The guy i spoke to kept on repeating instructions to me, telling me to press settings that were not on the page!! I asked to speak to someone with an English accent, as clearly the language / accent barrier is causing more issues. He refused to transfer me, then he dissconnected the call! I have the call recorded and will be uploading it!! 

BT, your service is great, but your new router is rubbish! In 2 years i dissconnected twice with the old router. With your new router i have dissconnected around 15 times in 3 weeks!!!! 

Not only am i annoyed with this new router, but i am also annoyed with these dissconnections. And im paying £60 per month for this!! I don't use your TV services or do i use the landline to make calls. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Dragonfyr wrote: or do i use the landline to make calls. 

If you do not use your landline, then you would not know whether there was noise on the line, as that would cause disconnections, especially if there is no dial tone.

Plug a phone in and see if the line is noisy.

Not plugging a phone in, and testing for dial tone occasionally, can cause high resistance connections.

See this post https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/No-Internet-and-horrible-bt-customer-service...

This also applies to BT Infinity.

Remember

This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dragonfyr
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

No... The landline is plugged in! There is a phone there. 

The phone works fine. I just don't use it! 

0 Ratings
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

I've had problems with the new hub, especially not being able to use VPN.

i have disconnected it and put back my trusty HH3.

i suggest you go back to your old hub, and watch this forum to see when the issues have been resolved.

i wish I had done my usual thing with technology and not upgraded to a new product until it's clear all the teething issues have been resolved!

Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’