Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 26

Re: New Smart Hub vs Old?

Go to solution

It will have had firmware updates but the hardware hasn't changed. Not entirely sure why it matters.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

sorry but have you a reason why you keep going on about differences?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dgravy
Contributor
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

Hi - I have two and want to know which to keep. You know nerdy people like to know about small differences between tech item specs even when overall performance might be similar.

The main reason I kept asking was because whilst responders were being very helpful and their help is appreciated, what I *thought* was a fairly simple question didn't get a direct response  straight away.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

If you have 2, keep 2.  Keep one as a spare, simples.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

With the hub reliability I agree with @licquorice - keep both

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
tonyw1
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

The latest is Smart Hub 2.

The previous model was Smart Hub (also known as HH6), which comes in two versions, Smart Hub Type A and Smart Hub Tybe B. The two types are made by different manufacturers to the same BT specification, but there are slight differences. If you have both a type A and a Type B you could try both to see which you prefer.

I believe that BT are still supplying the original Smart Hubs (Type A & B) with new accounts, unless you have subscribed to Halo (or whatever they used to call it) and it's the luck of the draw which type you get.