Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 26

Re: New Smart Hub vs Old?

Go to solution

I find the SH2 has better wifi range than previous hub but if your happy with existing setup then just stick with it   with the SH2 you cannot split the networks as with previous hubs which may cause a problem with some of your devices although saying that I did not find any device problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
dgravy
Contributor
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks guys. So do I understand correctly the answer to my question is not the smart hub (technically the smart hub 6?) had not changed in hardware, software over its life?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

they SH1(hh6) is different to SH2 in that you now cannot split the networks like before  the firmware is different but as I said if your existing setup is working ok then just leave it - if it's not broke don't fix it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dgravy
Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

Very sorry I’m not making myself clear, Not withstanding  your advice which I have understood - is the current Smarthub still the smart hub 6 and if so has the Smart Hub 6 changed since first release?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

There is a HH6 also known as a Smart Hub1 and also a Smart Hub2 which is not the same as the HH6.  Just try the new one and if you don't like it go back to the old one.

dgravy
Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks. My question are the hh6 the same or did they change over time?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

The hh6/ SH1 are basically the same whereas the SH2 is different  particularly in that you now cannot split wifi networks  

Firmware different but BT do not publicise the changes

dgravy
Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

So.. just to check, the HH6/SH1 is this:

hh6.jpg

And the SH2 is this?

sh2.jpg

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

Yes - the SH2 now has the new BT logo

dgravy
Contributor
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

And the SH1 didn't change over time?

(Sorry this has been a bit of an exercise in internet misunderstanding 😕)

0 Ratings