cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 86

Re: New Smarthub2 and WDMYCloud connectivity

I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to see the NAS on the hub network devices page as that is notoriously flaky.

Try deleting the mapping in Windows Explorer and see if the NAS shows up again, then re-map it.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 86

@newja 

I've a WDCloud device like yours but I don't use a SH2.

Do you still have a previous SmartHub that you can temporarily reinstate to retry the connection?

Have you ever used the WDCloud app on a smart phone or tablet to connect to your device?

My WDCloud got a major software update recently which meant I had to make a few changes so I'm wondering if that might be a factor.

Had you set the device itself to have a fixed IP Address and associated details which might be conflicting with the SH2?

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Message 13 of 86

Hi, thanks for the reply...

No, I do not have the previous hub - the whole switch to the SH2 was something of a mystery as the first I knew about it was getting a text message and email reminder that I needed to send back my "old kit" and that I could face a charge if I did not so do.  What old kit I asked myself - and had I signed up to something new inadvertently?! Then a few days later had a plastic envelope and label to return said old kit - I raised online over chat and got no support or guidance there! Then I had a new hub 🙂 again I raised via chat and was advised that it is part of the roll out and was simply them replacing the older hub and no charge to me etc - we swapped the hub and the next day I returned the hub via royal mail, dropping at a post office for proof of posting. To date I am STILL getting reminders that I will be charged if I do not return the kit despite the online royal mail tracking system reporting that it was signed for on 2/11.

I had a list of everything that I needed to check before returning the kit and the NAS was on that llist.  Via file manager I could "see" the drive and files in it but did not access them.  clearly the list was there via a memory within the file manager because once I did try try and access them it had a jolly good long think and then declared no files there.  My mistake, I know, it never ocurred to me that it would not be compatible.

I hve never accessed the drive via any other means and have never knowing installed any updates on it!  Until now it just happily worked!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 86

....oh, and I do not know if the IP address is fixed within the NAS and have no way of accessing it to check...

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 86

No joy I am afraid, once I delete my mapped drives and try to map again there is no device available to view...

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 86

I already did a factory reset of the NAS at the start of the process - and again a few days later - no change....

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 86

Does your laptop connect ok to the hub via Ethernet?...

I have not tried this, and cannot see what it might gain for me?  As outlined, I am not terrible au fait with networking.  If I use an ethernet cable that came with the hub to connect to my laptop (the one with the ethernet port of course!) what do I do next please?"

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 86

I have no connectivity issues at all from PC , TV, iPad etc.

My son has an SH2 which he doesn't use so I'll try and borrow that & see what happens. Won't be for a day or 2 though.

Message 19 of 86

How very kind, thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 86

I was just trying to ascertain if the hub is faulty and the Ethernet ports are not working. Trying to connect the laptop via Ethernet would verify this.

0 Ratings