Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jonny144l
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

New bt cabinet??

Go to solution
Hi, I have been conversing back and forward for the last couple of years about a quicker internet connection. I have had little success due to the distance from my cabinet and exchange. I can just about manage to get 1 mb connection. Within the last week there has been a new cabinet placed directly opposite the top of my lane. How can I fine out what this is for and also does anyone know if this would improve my broadband speed if I was connected to this?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New bt cabinet??

Go to solution

does new cab look like the cab on the left    20130423_135623.jpg

do you know where your street cabinet is located

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jonny144l
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Hi, sorry took so long to reply. The new cabinet looks like the one on the right, not the left. Phone won't let me attached or paste screen shot of checker, will attach when I get on laptop.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Looks likes the PCP has had a reshell (larger size) normally in preperation of additional copper required for the installation of the Fibre Cab (DSLAM)

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Jonny144l
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Sorry, not to sound like a d**k. PCP?? This is a completely new installation . There was nothing there before. If I am connected to this cabinet instead of my current one( 2 miles away) will this improve my broadband speed?Or is it to do with distance from the exchange??
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

adsl is distance from the exchnage whereas fibre/infinity is distance from street cabinet

you can but hope but you cannot request to be moved to new cabinet.  only way to get moved is if it suits openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings