cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ktf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

New build NTE outside

Hi, house about 15 years old and has grey NTE outside on front wall but I cannot find where it connects to inside the house, surely it would be close by, in the hall? I assume it looks like a normal socket? Can anyone help please? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: New build NTE outside

As a plusnet user you need to post on plusnet forum 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Perhaps the previous occupiers didn't have a phone/ broadband service. Can you not ask them if they did where the socket is located. Is there internal cable as well as external in the box

Ktf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Unfortunately can’t ask them as the previous owner has disappeared! There is an extension cable running from the grey outer box along the outside wall and through into the living room but the socket is not attached to it, just a few wires, there is another socket in the same room on an internal wall but none of them seem to be a master socket, also found a couple more upstairs but the neighbours said the previous owner just used his mob phone. I don’t understand how it works as when I look it up everyone seems to have a socket close by. Does this mean it was never connected other than an extension? Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

originally the grey box was the master socket and all others were just extension sockets. However it did not work with broadband so grey box was rewired and a master socket connected inside home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

The grey box isn't an NTE, its just a junction box where the external cable is normally connected to the internal cable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

grey box like this

external_NTE_1.png

Ktf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

So one of the internal sockets should be a master socket, they all appear the same to me, sorry if it’s a silly question but how can I tell which one? 

0 Ratings
Ktf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

0 Ratings
Ktf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

It’s similar but slightly flatter? I walked around the area and everyone else seems to have a smaller type so I don’t know if it was exchanged.
0 Ratings