cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

New build - Openreach connection problems

Go to solution

Hi, I'm new to the forum and really hoping someone can offer advice or help with my Openreach connection issue. I seem to be going round and round in circles when I speak to BT, Openreach and my site developer over the phone so I thought I'd try the online approach (last chance saloon!). 

Here goes... I've recently moved into a new build property that has an Openreach box installed inside and an external box set up on the front of the house. Both boxes have been successfully installed and an Openreach engineer visited the property a few weeks ago to 'blow' through the fibre?! At this stage the engineer told me that the line should now be live and the PON light on the box (which is flashing green) should go solid within 24 hours, at which point I can continue with my BT phone/broadband/tv order.

Unfortunately (some 3 weeks later) the PON light is still flashing green and I still can't place an order! Very frustrating as my wife runs a home business and we desperately need an internet connection as we are spending a small fortune on extra data bundles for our mobile phones.

I've spoken to our site developers numerous times but they keep telling me that the issue is with Openreach and there's nothing they can do. As far as their concerned we should be online already. But to-date I can't seem to get a reasonable response from Openreach as to when the problem (if there even is one?!) should be resolved.

I've also spoken to the BT customer service team a few times but they can't process my order and keep telling me that they will investigate with Openreach and get back to me in 24-48 hours. But everytime I get in touch I hear nothing back.

Not sure where to turn to next, this is all getting rather painful to say the least.

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: New build - Openreach connection problems

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @AndreOff

Unfortunately the only people who can help with this, it the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787, however as it appears thay you are going to need a BT Business connection, you may be best speaking to to BT Business sales, as business connections get priority.

A residential connection is not intended for business use, as explained in the residential T&Cs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Keith_Beddoe, many thanks for the reply.

After getting your advice I spoke to the BT FTTP sales team and they did their best to help me out but unfortunately there were still problems processing my order (I should also add that my wife works from home a lot but also has a registered business office where the core business is run and I checked and there's no need to get a business service for our home address).

The BT FTTP team found our new home address on the system but said that the phone line status was labelled as a 'copper' service instead of a 'fibre' service, which was causing the order to fail as it should be set as a 'fibre' service as we have full FTTP installed. The broadband status is already labelled on the system as a 'fibre' service so there is no problem with that part of the order.

The BT FTTP team told me that Openreach now have to change the phone line status from copper to fibre in order to complete my order. They said that they would request this change internally and get back to me ASAP, but 48hrs later and I've still heard nothing back?! They always say they will call back but never do!

Any ideas on how I can pursue this further and get Openreach to change the status of the phone line from copper to fibre? Getting rather desperate for our phone and broadband line to be installed now, feels like we're so close but yet so far at the same time!

Cheers, Andre

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator for advice, if its just a database issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @AndreOff,

Thanks for posting. I can appreciate how frustrating this is for you but we can't help with FTTP orders or queries. Your best bet would be to try chasing them on 0800 587 4787.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Hi David

Thanks for your response, I've been continually chasing the FTTP team for the last week and they keep sending me round and round in circles! It's the same problems every time, 'the Openreach connection systems need to be updated to say fibre instead of copper', but nobody can seem to fix it?!

The FTTP team tell me that they've requested Openreach to update the system but even after I follow their guidelines and wait 5 working days surprise surprise it's still not solved! Every adviser tells me the same story and how it should be easy to solve but nobody can actually seem to do it! I'm at a total loss at the moment and have no light at the end of The tunnel. Feel completely let down by BT and Openreach, the customer service so far has been appalling! I've been 6 weeks trying to sort this out and I've got nowhere!

Is there any further advice on where I could turn to next? Are there any particular departments who can help?

Cheers, Andre
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Try emailing Gavin Patterson.

The mods won't let me post his email address here but Google is your friend.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks for the advice @jaybeetoo, has to be worth a shot! Will let you know how I get on!

Any other ideas or advice welcome in the mean time.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
The developer is being lazy.

They will have a contact in the Openreach new sites team who will be responsible for the development who they can speak to.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

I feel your pain, ive not had any luck with any service provider or Openreach, no light at the end of the tunnel infuriating . Been in a new build for over two weeks still no sign of getting a connection of any sort.

0 Ratings