Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Katiecx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

New build nightmare!

Moved in to a new build not able to have fibre but able to have standard. Ordered on the 28th Sept Told me my engineer appt would be 13th Oct, didn’t think was too bad. Got to the 10th and still hadn’t received my equipment so I call BT and somehow my order got “lost” so they do a new one. Told Openreach will need to do some ducting. Right. Given a date for the engineer to come out. 31st Oct - stayed in all bloody day for no one to arrive and not one person informed me. Ducting was supposed to finish on the 5/11 then 8/11 the 15/11 these dates have come and gone and now I’m being told that I need to call up on the 21/11 for an update. Also been told I need to contact the housing builders?! I cannot do this. And don’t see why I need to?! Apparently Openreach are waiting to be contacted by them?! Why?!

What the hell is taking so long? It shouldn’t take this long. We’ve gone over on data on our phones and now have bigger bills. I’m being passed from pillar to post. Can someone please tell me WTF is going on?!
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: New build nightmare!

For new builds it is the site developer that is responsible in getting openreach to cable to your home and it is them that you need to complain to as they, as you have been informed, should get openreach to sort out your problem

you site developer is just passing the buck for something they should be arranging 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
LittleHelper
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

To be fair the people who sold you your house should of ensured all the work to provide you with service had been done prior to you being handed the keys.

With new builds the on site developers do all the new ducting openreach just come out and connect the line up once all that is in place which is why I'm guessing you have been told you may want to contact them directly as that is actually the quickest way to get an update at this point. The developers need to hand off to openreach once they have done everything they need to.
0 Ratings
Katiecx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

If that’s the case when why has BT only informed me of this today?! Yet I’ve rung plenty of times?!

The house isn’t owned it’s rented from a social landlord.

I’m going to get in touch with them and the builders. It’s getting silly now. 😫
0 Ratings
Katiecx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

I’ve been in touch with the developers and they say we are ready, we have the wires going outside they just need connecting by Openreach? 🤔

Meanwhile BT have told me it’s been delayed again and now ring on the 1st dec... 🙄

Openreach said they assume all the work needed to be done is complete on their side.

Being told numerous things by numerous people. Still no further forward.
0 Ratings
Katiecx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Just to add we aren’t FTTP not available yet, too far from exchange don’t know if that makes a difference!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

FTTP can't be 'too far from the exchange'.

0 Ratings
Katiecx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Ha can it not?! Well when I check my address in Openreach it says we may be too far and the line not long enough or something to that effect!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

That would be for FTTC, not FTTP and it would be too far from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Katiecx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Oh

Well looks like I’m still stuck then
0 Ratings