Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: New build set up query

Go to solution

@Samtiff wrote:

Brilliant - thanks. That helps me. I appreciate it.

Please post back on this forum if you need more help, as there may be someone with a similar installation.

0 Ratings
Samtiff
Beginner
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

Update to help others with same questions.

The socket in the living room was a phone socket only and was not fitted properly so when I tried to plug in my phone the conector disapeared into the wall cavity. (Nice)

The socket next to the ONT was also a phone socket and did nothing also.

I pluged the phone into the phone socket in the ONT and that works.

The hub plugged in using the ethernet that was already hanging from the ONT.

So the hub is in the cupboard but is working fine and the phone is also in the cupboard, which is a little odd.

Extensions will need to be fitted to both to move them which is disapointing as we will need trailing wires and the 'media panel' in the living room is a waste of plastic. 

However, the hub and phone work so I am happy with BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

Well you could extend the phone into the living room by using a back to back phone connector, and using it to link the phone socket on the ONT, to the phone socket next to the ONT.

phone male to male.jpgkenable BT 4 Wire 431A Plug to 4 Wire Male Plug Telephone Cable Lead 1m BLACK

If you need to extend the Ethernet connection from the home hub to another room, then broadband extenders are one option. That would save running cables.

https://www.shop.bt.com/mini-sites/connected-home/broadband-extenders

There are other products on the BT connected home page.

Its a pity the builders did not provide the full structured wiring, like in some new builds.

0 Ratings